Quests with Drawback cards only

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by magnuslshs, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Karstedt

Karstedt Goblin Champion

It stays, but if you have like 5 copies and draw a new one, which is likely, it will go away then. Just remember not to base your party around buffs if you run it, cause those won't stick either. Heals over time and frenzy aren't useful, but you can run instant heals and inspirations.

You're always susceptible to bad draws with drawback decks, but I found them fun and the Arrogant Armor really got me through some of the tougher missions.

2. magnuslshs

magnuslshs Kobold

At the lower levels I woldn't recommend playing priests at all, because of the lack of good useable items. I think 2 wizards, 1 warrior is what worked best for me. Once you get to the levels where you can use some tokens the priest starts becoming more useful. Actually you only need one token to use St. Xarol's Axe, which is pretty sweet...

3. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I played the drawback quests for the first time yesterday. I started from the level 2 quests and worked my way up to level 6 quests. I used warrior + priest + wizard. For the reasons mentioned above, the priest had no weapons at all in her hands until I could start using St. Xarol's Axe. I had no problems with this team, had only a few battle losses while completing all level 2-6 drawback quests. The priest was OK enough at these even without weapons.

4. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

I used three Shuddering Relics, Mass Frenzy is enough reason to have a priest at low levels, especially since I don't have enough handicap gear for 2 warriors or 2 wizards. Their weapon choices suck though, that's true.

5. magnuslshs

magnuslshs Kobold

You have a point, if I only had 3 Shuddering Relics at the time, I probably would have used them, too. In the end it always comes down to which items items you have and I guess that is the beauty of this game.

6. bluesage

bluesage Mushroom Warrior

One thing I have noticed - I have drawback items for every slot except for Martial Skill (Warrior skill). Are there any Martial Skill cards with drawbacks? I've been leaving the slot blank instead of course but would be nice to have an option at least.

Most of the MVP items have already been mentioned above (Shuddering Relic, Blazing Shortsword, etc), but basically good traits to look for include: Blind Rage, Wimpy, Combustible, Vulnerable, and for some characters, Squeamish is ok (particularly Wizard if you don't have a lot of big damage spells.

Brain Burn and Ouch! can be ok if you use them sparingly, only if the other cards on the item are really worth it, such as Cursed Wizard's Robes.

A great drawback staff if you can get it is Trembling Staff (which is terrific in general for many builds).

Firestorm tends to be a bad idea in general since it can kill you quickly in combination with Combustible and Vulnerable.

Overall, I was surprised these quests weren't harder and in some cases I found that my drawbacks team did better on the adventures than my regular "optimal" build which led to some questioning of my deckbuilding. :)

7. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

A slight correction, it's Cursed Wizard's Robes. Thanks for pointing the item out, I had absentmindedly ignored it until now.

8. StormRaiser

StormRaiser Mushroom Warrior

It helped me that way too ... I think mainly because it made me try new ways combining cards; Firestorm + Savage Curse + Firestarter + Combustible was interesting....

bluesage likes this.
  9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I haven't tried that one, but it sounds like a really smokin' combo.

bluesage likes this.
  10. Nighters

Nighters Kobold

Drawback challenges, i thought that u must play without equiped items (basic cards), so i finished some challenges without items :D

StormRaiser likes this.
  11. bluesage

bluesage Mushroom Warrior

Very useful tip! It really should be included as part of the description of the Drawbacks quests, or there should be a pulldown option for items with drawbacks.

Curious that they didn't call this keyword "drawback" instead of "handicap" since they consistently refer to these as 'drawbacks' elsewhere and never use the term 'handicap' to describe them. Would be nice if this was changed to be consistent.

12. Shoe

Shoe Mushroom Warrior

Where are these quests? are they higher level or somewhere special? I'm level 14 at my highest characters. where are the 1 HP quests and the Drawback only quests? they sound fun

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

They unlock when you complete the campaign (specifically, the CardStock II preview).