Character and item management suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Aeko, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Aeko

Aeko Kobold

Pretty much what the title says:

- Have an "unequip all" button for each character, particularly those not in the party.
    - Have a "rename" button in the party archive.
    - Tabs are great within a 3-character party, but it's really clumsy when you have to browse up to 27 characters in the keep in such way. Just having their small icons shown (like the ones in party archive), all visible at the same time, would make it much easier.
    - If you want to equip a yellow token item over a blue token one, it would be nice that it looked for any "overqualified" yellow token in the inventory to swap instead of straight rejecting it.
    - When comparing items, group and put aside cards common to both items to see more easily how exactly they differ. For example, comparing Warrior's Mace with Blocking Mace looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    But I would find it great if it was like this:
    [​IMG]
    - Get a warning if you want to play a battle of any kind but a party member has an empty slot.
    - Have a way to see all the shops' stock simultaneously. It's frustrating when, for example, I'm looking for a tokenless item and I have to go back and forth from The Armory to Kyburz Market comparing their stock.

Other miscellaneous suggestions:
    - Move the Keep to a more central location in the map (Like the one of "Against the Cockroaches") or replace it by a static icon in the map screen. To avoid scrolling to the beginning zone each time you want to change the party. Even if it's not a problem now, it'll be when the map is extended.
    - Make movement card preview (blue squares on mouse over) take Encumber into account. If not possible, give a visual cue that you are encumbered, so at least you are warned to think carefully before playing the move. E.g:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for reading.

2. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

All of these are great.

I definitely want that empty slot warning. I've accidently brought a naked dwarf to a fight once and still won, but it's not something I'd like to repeat.

As for the character tabs, I'd like to see them replaced by a scrollable list that looks something like:

Durgosh - Dwarf Warrior - lvl 3 - <portrait>
    <weapon> <weapon> <shield> <boots> <skill>

Master Blaster - Human Wizard - lvl 2 - <portrait>
    <staff> <arcane item> <arcane item> <boots>

Plus buttons to sort by name, class, race and level.

neoncat likes this.
  3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

+1 for better character organization... flipping is such a pain when you've got 3+ of each race/class