Beta Barbarians, Assemble!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by A Bear, Jan 3, 2013.

1. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

I'm excited. Ill be on standby as all my games have slowed down and I'm playing co-op torchlight to burn time right now.

2. Cordalinge

Cordalinge Mushroom Warrior

Wow 10 000 applicants and only 805 registred forum users...i understand the "equity" and random choose, but i'm sure that registred users are more "active" on their feedback... (Cordalinge discretly looking at Sir Knight and surgeon fish jumping all around and knocking their heads against the walls) perhaps too much ? :p

I'm sure everybody here will agree (i'm not taking too many risk, that's true :D) that you should integrate a minimum ratio of registred users in your tests....

Hope this post will have some ears...even if that's guest forum ones....

3. Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard Mushroom Warrior

This forum drives me nuts. I check in daily for a while... then a few days of silence go by and I forget to check for a bit... then BOOM big news. I just learned about beta (then frantically checked my e-mail and was disappointed).

Can't wait to get into Card Hunter. Congratulations to all who have made it into the beta so far... now don't screw up. You're a beta tester not a beta customer. ;)

4. Galvayra

Galvayra Kobold

Well i got my confirmation email back in October and i did not make a forum account until the beta started, i had no interest in discussing off topic things or speculation, i am interested in having fun and pretty much playing the game, i only go to forums to report bugs and such during the betas 95% of my forums posts will be beta feedback if i would get access

Not getting in for the sole reason of not being active in areas of the forums that have no relation to my interests or the interests of the beta test seems backwards to me, at least not getting in based of randomness and luck its ok .. i got used to it over the years

5. Spinewire

Spinewire Kobold

Does mean you can spam beta invites with loads of hotmail accounts and increase your chances which is pretty lame. Further more people who have no forum account are less likely to report bugs than someone who has already been discussing things on the forum and talking to people.

Would like to think they limiting the first waves to people that have forums account even if they have not been bothered to say anything.

On a side note...

I'm trying as hard as I can not to beg for an invite as it is rather unseemly however I have a feeling I could be back on bended knee before the day is out....

6. Cordalinge

Cordalinge Mushroom Warrior

Yeah....i did it !!!! 806 ! One new member on the forum !!! You post your first message Galvayra ! Welcome :) ! 1 more each hour for one week and i'm gonna apply to do Blue Manchu viral marketing....

Ps : joking....

7. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

I remember hearing about the game a year ago or something and made a mental note to check it out later. Then happened to remember it again in November last year and signed up for the beta then.

Now that I had time to read through all the blog posts made in the mean time, I'm also quite anxious about getting to play the game :D

8. Spinewire

Spinewire Kobold

You better roll out invites for everyone on the forum pretty soon as i'm about to flip out oh **** i need card hunter stylee.

9. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

I am blessed! (Not with a beta key, but with the fact that i had heard nothing about Card Hunter)

I heard about this game like less than a month ago.

I feel with those that heard about the game one year ago.

I am however just as eager as you guys to test and hopefully help make this the best game in the world. Well imo it already is (sucking up much?)

Good luck all, and by all i mean me in particular :)

10. Kahar

Kahar Mushroom Warrior

Very exciting times. Reading the first impressions helps, but only a little!

11. Tess

Tess Blue Manchu

Robo-minions are terrible moochers! They never write interesting feedback about their first impressions, report bugs, or engage in interesting discussions about deckbuilding. I can throw them at the server to beat it up, and make sure I didn't forget to put rubber bumpers on any of its corners, but they can never take the place of you.

12. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

Aww, that's so sweet of you to say!

13. Kaerius

Kaerius Orc Soldier

14. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

I'm glad to hear that the beta has started. Hopefully you can take care of these early major bugs with the few people soon. I would think you would want as many regular forum users in as possible without driving them away. I know personally Alpha/Early Beta can be big challenge just getting the people in, and usually just as bad getting them to stay if the game isn't already running fairly smoothly.

Looking forward to seeing the game soon. :)

15. Sansin

Sansin Kobold

I could be a barbarian...if needed! Mwhahaha.

16. Necrometzer

Necrometzer Mushroom Warrior

Kobold Barbarian ready for duty.

17. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

I JUST GOT IN \O/ DWARVES, GET READY TO MOVE OUT!

18. Spinewire

Spinewire Kobold

I too just received an e-mail for betaz... Time to get my card hunt on.

-First impression
    Gary just scared the **** out of me
    -.-

19. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

Bring me with you!!! I'm short enough to be a dwarf, I think.

20. Ryuuji

Ryuuji Orc Soldier

So jealous ....

Make lots of posts !