Gary just outranked Mom

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by PIZZA, Dec 2, 2013.

1. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

Nice in theory, but there simply aren't enough 1500+ players online at the same time to remove the ai from the matcher.

2. LudicSavant

LudicSavant Mushroom Warrior

I've been 1500 (1477 right now), and I never had that much trouble finding matches. Besides, you act like they can only get matched against other 1500 players. It makes more sense to match a 1500 player with a 1200 than match a 1500 player with a 700 AI.

3. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

Me too, and I've had the opposite experience.

Nope.

I'm sure Jon has analytics on match making and is keeping an eye on it; The algorithm was recently changed.

4. LudicSavant

LudicSavant Mushroom Warrior

You did, as a point of fact, say that the problem is that there aren't enough 1500+ players online simultaneously. Here's the quote:
    This is a non-issue, because 1500+ players can and are matched with lower ranked players (such as, say, the AI itself). Indeed, it would make far more sense for a 1500+ player to get matched with one of the (always plentiful) 1200+ players than it would be to match them with a laughably incompetent AI which is rated significantly worse than that.

5. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

Nope. Of course this is possible. You can get matches up to about a 300 point gap, positive and negative.

Now let's say you are rank 1580, you might be the highest elo online at that moment. The only people you can match with are people lower than you and it won't match you with most of the plentiful 1200 players because the spread is too wide. The wait can be too long for a human because there are not that many players in the upper ranks online at any given time.

Maybe Blue Manchu should take the spread restriction off at that point, or maybe that would upset the lower ranked players. I would love to hear their thoughts