[Suggestion] Switch Some Racial Cards.

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by LeisureSuitLoli, Dec 4, 2013.

?

Is this a somewhat feasible idea?

Poll closed Dec 18, 2013.
  1. By jove! You're on to something!

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. HERESY! You must be a raving lunatic!

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  3. I couldn't care less.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Something that would add a little bit of variety to the game is if Toughness was given to Elves and Slippery was given to Dwarves.

This would give Elves some threat potential while giving Dwarves an extra step of movement.

2. Yeah but it makes zero sense.

3. Sazanami

Sazanami Orc Soldier

It wouldn't create more variety. It would create less.
    Right now, there is a distinct difference between the different races. Give dwarfs movement and elves toughness and they'll end up remarkably interchangeable.

4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

True. Right now, dwarves are unkillable ninjas while elves spontaneously combust. Elves are the only race that get Loner, Superstitious, or Cowardly on their racial skill. The only handicaps you'll find on dwarf skills are Blind Rage and Trip.

spacedust likes this.
  5. spacedust

spacedust Goblin Champion

I too am not sure why Elves are saddled with so many drawbacks, and killer ones at that. They must have been really powerful at an earlier stage of the game.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

They were—their racial move was Scamper, right, in a time when all characters were Clumsy by default?

7. Galdred

Galdred Mushroom Warrior

It would make more sense to make dwarves more Superstitious, and elves more useful.

PIZZA likes this.
  8. Martin K

Martin K Goblin Champion

Absolutely No. Each race should retain their shtick, and that's toughness for dwarves and mobility for elves.

However, right now dwarves and humans have the upper hand compared to elves. However, I don't think it's a huge gap, and I'd rather see baby steps to realign the balance rather than some huge change that could topple the balance in entirely unforeseen ways.

What I would welcome a lot is another non-token, non-drawback elf skill outside of Untrained Footwork. It's not even a great item, it just avoids elven suicidal tendencies and I paid 500 gold for the damn thing.

9. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

Well, you could've instead paid 2500g for Perilous Agility.

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

How can elves be so agile, and yet so lame?

11. Dingding123

Dingding123 Orc Soldier

Hey Loli! I just typed a short essay of a thread on a similar topic and I'd love it if you read it, as well as anyone else who's interested in Card Hunter's balance with time to kill.

12. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

The OP's idea I disagree with. Loli's on the right track however, and I always though Duck should be an elf card....

Flaxative and Bearson Onyx like this.