Release 1.48 (9 Dec 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

A new build! This build contains the new "renown" system as well as new layout for item mouse over information.

To step back a bit: there has always been a "player level" system in the game. This dictates item shop prices. Items whose level is above your player level cost more. As your player level goes up items get cheaper to buy. You player level is dependent on the highest level adventure that you have completed.

This system has two problems:
    1. People who want to play multiplayer before finishing the campaign are severely disadvantaged because items cost more for them.
    2. It's unclear why items cost more and get cheaper.
    To address these problems, we've introduced the new "renown" system. Renown is identical to the old player level except that:
    • It's prominently displayed at the top of the screen.
    • We show you when it goes up.
    • Mousing over items in the shop that are more expensive due to their level relative to your renown now explains why they are more expensive.
    • Your renown can go up as you win more multiplayer matches.
    We also now unlock all the shops in the lobby from the start of the game (technically, after you've finished the tutorial). The net result is that you can now realistically afford high level items after you've played a bit of multiplayer, even if you don't want to complete the campaign.

In addition to this change, the new build contains a revised layout for item mouse over information. This layout should be clearer and contains more information, like why you can't equip an item, for example. Let us know what you think.

Finally, we made some changes to the item sorting in the deck builder (shop, keep, etc). The rarity, level and power token sorts now group the items by their sort category, to make it easier to find particular types of items. Specifically:
    • Rarity sort groups by rarity (i.e. "legendary", "epic", etc).
    • Power token groups by power token requirement.
    • Level groups by items above your renown (that will be more expensive) and items that are at or below your renown. This is done only in the shop, where it is meaningful.
    Full change list:

Deck Builder
    • New item mouse over layout.
    • Item sorts group by type (rarity, level and power token).
    • Don't show ctrl-click prompt on item info when mousing over cards in deck.
    • Fix generating new copies of card displays when zooming and unzooming equipped items.
    • Fix jerky glitching when unzooming items.
    • Changed item bitmap width and height to be 60x60, not 100x100. Fixes items overlapping scrollbar buttons in deck builder.
    • Item info displays show equip status relative to the character sheet they are on for items that are in a slot. Fixes misleading item equip text when mousing over items in an inactive character sheet or in a starter pack.
    • Treasure items identified in item info display.
    • Selected party sheet is reset when removing sheets in deck builder (fixes wrong selected sheet when viewing multiple starter packs).
    Player Renown
    • Display renown ("player level").
    • Show renown changes.
    • Prompts explaining renown system.
    • Earn renown for winning MP.
    Lobby
    • All shops start revealed in lobby (after tutorial).
    • Mouse over info for some lobby locations.
    Multiplayer
    • Swapped in new Winter boards for ranked multiplayer.
    • Adjusted matchmaking so that top tier players are more readily matched to human opponents.
    UI
    • Made scroll bar buttons brighter on mouse over.
    Tutorial/Prompts
    • Added a safety check to stop Cuthbert's costume prompt repeating indefinitely.
    • Added prompts on first visit to MP shops.
    Audio
    • Fixed character voices not playing locally for chat-as-character easter egg
    Internal Stuff
    • Data validation checks in AdventureManager advanceAdventure.
    • Added update character functionality to user edit.
    • Fix account creation in user edit.
    • Added active and unsubscribed fields to user editor.

2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Can you explain this? ;)

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

A little donkey told me to try /2 hello when in a mp game...

4. DrNinjoy

DrNinjoy Kobold

when sorting items by level, can it be made to sort by level and then by rarity also in "descending" order?
    that is: level 17 rare, level 17 uncommon, level 16 rare, level 16 common, etc.

5. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Big fan of the item sort UI =D

6. Lusus121

Lusus121 Goblin Champion

Nice work. Thanks!

7. Jon

Dual sorting isn't implemented yet but it's on our wish list.

LeisureSuitLoli and Flaxative like this.
  8. I played against the new Cardtron AI on the test server, and boy howdy did I get my ass handed to me :cool: . It will be a very nice challenge to the top players.
    The design of the dwarf wizard it uses reminded me of a cross between Copper Gnomes and Ticking Gnomes.

9. Jon

Cardotron 2000 is a new model which is very tough to beat. Totally unlike the old Cardotron 1.

10. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

How high does your rating have to be before Cardotron fights you? I've been fooling around with the MP in the test server but I have yet to get him as an opponent.

11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Hey, great, the "renown" thing should be very helpful to new players. Pity how I've unlocked all this stuff and can't check to see if it's implemented properly.

Hmm. Have you considered a mouseover text when you point at the renown number at the top of the page? For that matter, mouseover text for all the numbers up at the top?

12. There is something that does not seem right. I lost to Cardotron2000 (terrible, terrible card draws) on the first match. When I queued back the waiting time was a few minutes more than last queue. Why is that?

Edit:
    The same thing keeps happening.

13. Mosalla

Mosalla Orc Soldier

My suicide deck also has this feature ;), but it is just a timer for computer opponent. Not sure if it affects PvP matching as well.