Community contests would be nice.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BossLagomorph, Dec 10, 2012.

1. BossLagomorph

BossLagomorph Kobold

I just think it would be really cool to have community design contests for monsters and characters. Would you consider such a thing, devs?

2. Deadjack

Deadjack Kobold

they are pretty much trying to finish what they need to push the beta out now, so I dont think they will do that kind of contest before the beta. Still a good idee!

3. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

I'm for it, I'm amateur graphic designer, and I know that could help them to design some new content as they could get some ideas so they save time thinking them out which is the process that takes most time :) I would really enjoy taking part in such thing!

4. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

This sounds biased against people with no talent or experience :(

5. Michael

Michael Mushroom Warrior

I'd be down for it.
    I can't Art, though I can theory-craft like a mother-lover.

6. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS! Ease up!

You don't have to be talented to draw stuff to take part in this feature :)
    Similar thing is in League of Legends. On their forums there is champion suggestion forum where players can present their ideas for new champions. Best of them are implemented some way to the game by Riot. And there aren't many people there who draw their stuff. It's all based on cooperation!

Example:
    Michael has great idea for a card, has theorycrafted some stuff, he knows what this card he would like to be. He writes down stuff on forum. And there is guy like Szczypior, who came to Michael's topic, saw it and said: fcking genius! And Szczypior has the idea for the look of the card (the main picture). Szczypior draws stuff, posts it in Michael's thread. And two paths right now:
    1) Michael is happy with the graphics
    2) Michael said "No Szczypior, that doesn't match my concept, you could change this to this and this, and improve that". And then Szczypior either gets mad, or makes changes till booth are happy with the effect.
    After that, the last step is to draw game creator's attention to our topic and wait for results/response.

So basically, everyone profits, and there is really a lot of fun creating such things as I can say by being LoL player. And this is true, eg. Elise - the spider queen archetype is champion from the community with lore added by Riot to match game world and tweaked skillset so champions is balanced with other +100 of champions.

So to sum up: Guys, the fact that 'you can't arts' doesn't mean you can't be part of such feature. It's great idea!

7. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Theirs already a suggestion page for card ideas, mine got a Like from Jon, do i win anything? :D

8. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

It wouldn't surprise me if they ran a contest at some point. Games often do fan art contests, so I hope once the beta has started the devs give this a thought. :)