Full screen automatically on starting

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by GanjaDemon, Oct 29, 2013.

1. GanjaDemon

GanjaDemon Kobold

Hi all
    Just starting playing and have really been enjoying the game, however I think I found a bug!
    While playing I clicked the full screen button and then cancelled it as I prefer playing in browser.

1. Once I have returned to the normal in browser screen everything is a bit slow, almost like lag, none of the card moving anomations are smooth anymore, everything is jerky. This is quite annoying and can only be fixed by playing full screen. It will remain this way until I close my browser and start card hunter again, which worked fine until number 2 happened.....

2. Whenever I start the game, after clicking log in, it will now automatically make it full screen with no choice. This means I have to play full screen all the time or have it play in jerk-o-vision.

Edit to add: When in full screen if I move my mouse near the top of the screen it will come up with "Cardhunter is now in fullscreen, Press esc to exit" in a big box in the middle of my screen, not sure if its meant to do that, its a bit annoying!

Keep up the great work guys, loving the game

2. Java

Java Kobold

This may not be the problem you're having with having fullscreen upon logging in, but I thought it's worth asking - when you exited fullscreen mode, did you do so through Card Hunter's ingame options or another way? When I was messing around with options earlier, I toggled fullscreen on, changed my mind and exited it by hitting escape. When I logged in again later, it automatically tried to put me in fullscreen again because it was still set to do so in the options menu - it's just hard to tell since the button doesn't say off/on, just 'toggle fullscreen'.

Basically, when you log in, try allowing fullscreen, going to the options menu, hitting the toggle button again, and then see if you still have the problem with logging in.

Farbs likes this.
  3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yep, that's exactly the issue. Thanks Java! In a forthcoming build we've simplified this by removing it from the option menu and not storing it as an option anywhere. If you want to use fullscreen just click the fullscreen button on the campaign or multiplayer menus (or the battle screen or in the deckbuilder etc etc).

The alternative was to treat pressing esc or otherwise exiting fullscreen the same as toggling the option off, however since that's how most people who play fullscreen access their browser tabs to exit the game they'd always leave the game with fullscreen toggled off, and never have the game go auto-fullscreen on login anyway.

Java and Megadestructo like this.