Video diary

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jon, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

actually it only shows up before he picks a direction for it and there is no indication that it shows up when his mouse is over one of the directions but that could just be because he clicks it so fast and there is a delay for it i can't be sure.

2. Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard Mushroom Warrior

While I agree that would be neat I think they went in this direction to stay true to the genre they've chosen (CCG meets Tabletop D&D). Keep in mind that from the meta-perspective we're watching a tabletop game being played. Game Master Gary isn't going to want his pretty cardboard cutouts to actually burst into flames.

Ystin likes this.
  3. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Displaying cone AoE for other facings is somewhere on our todo list, but we'll start beta without it. Thunderblast is very powerful so we don't see it often, and most other cone cards have a smaller range and require less mental effort to figure out.

4. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Thanks for that valuable information no need to do anything minor before beta just gimme!

5. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

I'm really digging the audio in CH. You guys have done a great job at nailing down a crisp sound to all the noises paired along with their animations. Good sound, for me, is something that goes a long way.

6. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

So a pillar will block a fireball, but what about something like a cloud of gas ? Should be able to wrap around a pillar! Could be interesting way to mix AoE's up. Oooh a rolling lava ball that leaves a wall of fire behind it would be awesome <3

7. Troll

Troll Kobold

I like what you demonstrated in your video and everything seems to make sense for me, except the cone attack.
    Why exactly do you think a cone attack should ignore cover and go right through it?
    Im not able to figure out the reasoning behind that.

"Thunderblast is very powerful so we don't see it often, and most other cone cards have a smaller range and require less mental effort to figure out."
    ...thats not really an explanation :)

8. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

The reasoning is that Thunderblast, itself, ignores cover and goes right through it. As Jon says, it's a special reason why this one card is really good.

By extension, other cone attacks won't do that.

9. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Thunderblast obviously ignores obstacles because its a DWARVEN skill, they are masters of masonry, you think a pillar or brick wall is going to get in there way? Because the results might stun you !

10. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Which is the exact reason orcs use them as catapult ammo nothing stops a pudgy dwarf in full armor flying through the air.

Dhramund likes this.
  11. Troll

Troll Kobold

Ah OK, I missed that obviously. Thanks good Sir!