Browser tab shows "null"

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I'm starting this thread to address issues raised in the build notes from 1.38.

2. Jon

For those who see the browser tab as null, can you please check in options and see what the button labelled "Battle Alerts" says? i.e. does it read "On" or "Off"?

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Battle Alerts are Off. The title changes to "null" after I play my first trait.

4. hwango

hwango Hydra

Same here - Battle Alerts are Off.

5. Jon

OK, got it. Should be fixed in the next build.

6. The Mask Makers

The Mask Makers Mushroom Warrior

I have battle alert On and still see "null" after the first battle.

7. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

I, too, have battle alerts toggled ON OFF and I get the "null" in Firefox.

8. Maxime

Maxime Ogre

Hi all !

I have also the same problem using firefox. In order to not open an other post, can you explain me the difference in battle alerts toggled ON or OFF ? I don't see any.
    And when i turn ON and saved it always come to OFF the next connexion. (other options still work well)

Sorry for the basic english, hope i'm understandable. Thanks.

9. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

Aha! I had not noticed, but checking, battle alerts have turned themselves off for me as well. So that's another bug, I guess.

10. Maxime

Maxime Ogre

Ok. Do you think it will be seen here or have I to create another post ?
    And, what are "battle alerts" ? I don't see changes when toggeling ON or OFF.

11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I think it will get noticed here, but you can also create another post if you want. Battle Alert means that the web browser tab Card Hunter is running in starts to flash when a multiplayer match starts. This is meant to help when you are waiting in the multiplayer queue and have opened another browser tab to do something else while you wait. So if you want to test it, start a multiplayer match and open another browser tab.

12. Maxime

Maxime Ogre

Understood.
    Thanks.

13. Jon

Correct.

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work properly on some browsers, so it has now defaulted to "off".

Also, there were some bugs in the system, all of which should be fixed in the next release.

14. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Hey, if it's possible to get confused on what "Battle Alerts" are, then could they be renamed? They could be confused for messages received DURING battle or somesuch.

If they were renamed . . . I don't know, "Queue Alerts," or "End-of-Queue Alerts," or "Multiplayer Tab Alerts," that might help.

15. Jon

I'll call it Battle Join Alert.

16. I read that this issue has been fixed, yet it is still occurring for me. Perhaps I misunderstood and it's fixed in the next build?

17. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

There has been no new build since Null was introduced. Guessing it's included in the next one.

18. Niali

Niali Kobold

Thank you scorpion_, I was coming to check on exactly that thing. :)

19. Jon

Yep, it should be fixed when we deploy Release 1.39.