[Feedback] Balance in MP.

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Genki, Oct 22, 2013.

1. To Sum Yu

To Sum Yu Kobold

i think the major problem is the draw card deck, even without nimbus, facing this kind of strategy is frustrating enough.

2. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

Maybe in the 1400-range. But certainly not in the 1500+ bracket (I don't play that bracket, but I do spectate it a bunch) and definitely not in the 1300-1400 range, either, which is the one I play all my games.

I'm not saying nimbus is never played -- of course it is. It is a good card. But it does not "control most games" at all, at either of those ratings.

3. I play the 1500 bracket daily. Nimbus is always being used because its fantastic. Nimbus someone, draw engine, game over is a frequent scenario. Spectating a bracket doesn't qualify you to be an expert by the way.

4. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

I never claimed to be an expert. Simply to be an observer of what cards are frequently used. And I did beat your nimbus deck yesterday, despite not having a single nimbus in my deck. I guess playing the bracket doesn't make you an expert, either.

5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

C'mon, guys. Can't we all just be friends :)? Based on the various posts here the views on the state of MP are almost as varied as the ideas of what is the hardest SP battle. Yes, let's defend our views but let's be as civil as possible about it, hmm? Surely we don't want to become yet another LoL.

6. youngadachi

youngadachi Kobold

Well in my opinion , i think
    - With nimbus : it can blocks only physical dam or magic dam ,not both of them and make another nimbus for the remain. With this , people need to choose which is better for them, and nimbus is still useful.
    - With draw cards deck : neft the ranger cast of those cards( demonic feed and unholy power) , just 2, 3 or 4 .Just change a bit but we can more easier counter it ( with winds or team run , spirit team )!
    - I dont like all player with 1500 points and above play this stragety . If u cant balance it , i need a auto- pass button !

Sorry for my bad english.

7. Genki

Genki Orc Soldier

I'm all for civility,

It's clear that we have reached the point to agree to disagree with some. But before we shake hands and go our separate ways I just have one more question for anyone who doesn't think that nimbus needs to be changed (asap).

Given that we have established the best way to counter nimbus is to use utility mages AND also that (by default) utility mages counter melee in general my question is twofold :

1.) What is the harm in opening up additional strategies for counter-play for teams that don't want to run utility mages?

Is it because you think it's impossible to do this without turning the new meta into 3 warriors?

2.) In a game that has a heavy emphasis on creating your own party, why don't you think it's a good idea to be actively balancing cards that force players to run a particular character setup to compete?

Don't you think this will turn a lot of players away after they realise that this is the case?

Because I do and am currently going through the motions, which is a real downer for me because up to this point I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience . Jon has responded that its on the radar which is comforting but i'm not sure how long I can last tbh. This is the only reason why I haven't bought skins/spent real money on the game yet.

Flaxative likes this.
  8. Bearson Onyx

Bearson Onyx Goblin Champion

I've seen his reply too and though it's impossible to say for certain, I do believe that it will be changed and I would venture a guess as to sooner rather than later. I've seen the game change alot since beta and what you quickly learn is that the devs are really open to feedback and suggestions as long as reasonable arguments are presented in giving that feedback.
    from what I understand the next build should contain "draw deck" fixes, don't think this will include a nimbus nerf but it might just make nimbus less useful, time will tell...
    I think we might just see a skin purchase for you in the near future - btw which will you purchase?
    I just got the halloween dwarf warr (couldn't resist), preety sure it comes with constant unholy frenzy on it because the little pumpkin head is just dominating ;)

Genki likes this.
  9. Genki

Genki Orc Soldier

That is good to know Bearson, thanks for your input. It does give me hope that the situation will be addressed. Too many changes too quickly can be a bad thing, so I'm willing to play on through the next patch with an open mind and once the dust has settled present a new case if needed.

Haha, your probably right. I really like a lot of them, standouts for me at this point though would have to be the undead human priest and elf mage. Over time I will likely end up with half of them unlocked.

That dwarf warrior is very cool. I would definitely think twice about going toe to toe with a massive knife wielding pumpkin head!

Bearson Onyx likes this.