Which halloween items are you getting?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Gentlecow, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

Now that the Halloween store is live, let's talk options. Most of us probably don't have enough gold to buy all (or even any, in my case) the legendaries and rares in the store.

So, if you could only afford a few, which ones would you get?

Here's my personal take on it:

With the changes to Pumpkin Bomb just prior to live, I'm not sure if I think it is worth the gold. I definitely want the Black Cat Buckler (I have been hoping to get another Parrying Buckler) and I am considering the Haunted Stick and the Witchy Robes. That's just 525 gold total, and quite the bargain, I think.

2. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

I'm getting the bomb, just because if I ever get into MP, I think it might be a little amusing to the folks who like to see the card's source information.
    Makes me wish the Candied Gland was a weapon item too.
    "I just got killed by what?"

3. StormRaiser

StormRaiser Mushroom Warrior

I'm going to see what stuff I get from chests and leave it until the last day the new items are available before I spend all my gold so I don't double up

4. hwango

hwango Hydra

Bought some of the cheap treasures, because even if I have buyer's remorse later they sell for the same price I paid for them. Also bought some common/uncommon items for their amusement value. If I somehow manage to raise another 1500 gold before the store vanishes I might get the Werewolf Boots. They seem like pretty good tokenless boots, but I can't afford them at the moment.

Also bought the pumpkin-headed dwarf from Cuthbert's. Though I admit I was disappointed he's a warrior. We already have an undead dwarf warrior costume, and I was hoping he'd be a priest. Still, I thought he was pretty awesome and worth delving into my limited stash of pizza.

5. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Warewolf boots look nice, but not sure I need them. I might get something just for the sake of the halloween theme and it might be the Black Cat Buckler as it's useful and cheap (got only one anyway!).

6. SystemIsDown

SystemIsDown Mushroom Warrior

I bought:

Devil Trident
    Skeleton Suit
    The Deadonomicon
    Blazing Skull
    Wicked Broom
    Witchy Robes
    Black Cat Buckler

Still considering Pumpkin Bomb and Haunted Stick, but it will put me down to pretty much zero gold if I do.

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I bought the Witchy Robes, then promptly found two in reward chests. :\

8. zelink551

zelink551 Goblin Champion

I'll probably eventually buy everything except the legendary items. Because I don't like any of them for the price.

9. StormRaiser

StormRaiser Mushroom Warrior

so far I've found the blazing skull and a cupcake in chests

10. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

The boots are nice but not 2500G worth of nice.

11. hwango

hwango Hydra

But they have tiny clawed toes! I don't know, I suppose I'd probably save the money for something more spectacular at Randimar's someday, but I'd be tempted.

12. KT Chong

KT Chong Orc Soldier

$2500G = US$15.

For a purely cosmetic change to an itsy-bitsy icon on your screen.

BTW, other players won't even be able to see those expensive digital boots when your make-believe character wears them into multiplayer combats.

If you gotta have those imaginary boots, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Flaxative likes this.
  13. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Some people like collecting things - and for them price isn't an issue. Also, some people probably have gold enough already. So yeah, it's not like you have to buy the bridge - but you can if you want to. Large difference there, as these are cosmetic items only - and who knows, maybe in the future we'll be able to view other players items?

14. KT Chong

KT Chong Orc Soldier

IMO, the only Halloween items worth buying with real money are the figures... because at least other people get to see them.

All those Halloween-edition gears already exist in some forms as regular in-game items. They are the exact same things with only cosmetic differences -- cosmetics that other people can't see. Gears on your characters are not visible to other players in multiplayer matches.

15. Pengw1n

I agree, unless people already have the gold. But what people do with their money is their own choice after all. No point in critizing this, as it really doesn't matter to those that don't feel they want to spend the money on the cosmetic halloween items.

(and like I said - there's a difference between can't see - and can't currently see - I'd be suprised if player profiles pages doesn't happen in the future)

Farbs likes this.
  16. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

We talk about these occasionally, and I'm pretty keen to get them implemented via the web so people can poke about through them even from outside the game. Showing someone's treasure collection is a particularly cool idea, since it's a fun thing to show off that doesn't give any hints about your party etc.

Flaxative, Gentlecow and Pengw1n like this.
  17. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

This is cool. I would love this feature. But while you're thinking about it, please also consider an option to, voluntarily, share one or more of ones saved parties in some fashion. Some of us may not care about keeping our build secret -- and it would be very cool to be able to show off options and examples for discussion on the forums or elsewhere. It would also make it a lot easier for new players, struggling with the single-player content, to get advice from the veterans for specific adventures and such.

18. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

You know, if you had the ability to fiddle with your friend's gear collection on their character templates and save a copy of your arrangement and share it with them, that would be helpful. You'd tell your friends to visit your page and make a suggested build for you, and you wouldn't need to post these gigantic lists into the forums to do it anymore. A picture says a thousand words and all that.

hatchhermit likes this.
  19. Pengw1n

Yeah, somehow have an importable party store function ?

20. Heretiick

Heretiick Goblin Champion

I have to disagree. I would actually go as far as saying the opposite. Those boots are AMAZING! Especially for warriors (particularly for stab and step warriors). That will be the only item I buy.