Get Ready for Halloween in Card Hunter!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Arondight, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Arondight

Arondight Kobold

http://www.cardhunter.com/2013/10/get-ready-for-halloween-in-card-hunter/

[​IMG]
    October 20th, 2013 at 11:51 pm
    Even Cardhuntria isn’t safe from ghost and goblins! Rumours have been circulating about a spooky new store that sells curious items that have crossed over from the spirit plane. Creepy new adventurers have been spotted in tournaments and adventures across the land.
    [​IMG]

Yes, we’re celebrating Halloween with new multiplayer boards, new figures (available in Cuthbert’s Costumes, as always) and special Halloween items, available in the Halloween Store. You will be able to find this limited time store on the campaign map on an island just east of Startington Keep or in the multiplayer lobby.
    These haunted Halloween items are strictly collector’s items. Although they have their own names and icons, the cards they provide are identical to existing items. While the Halloween store is open you can buy them or you can find them in chests (adventure and battle chests, purchased chests or multiplayer reward chests).
    Remember, these items don’t provide any new cards or even combinations of cards. You should buy them if you’d like their unique icons for your collection or if you wanted those items anyway. Or you can just collect them as they drop from loot, as usual.
    The Halloween store will open soon, when we next deploy a build. We’ll update you through twitter, our forums and this blog once it goes live.
    Here’s a complete list of the Halloween items (and the existing items they drop from):
    [​IMG]

Devil Trident (Trident)
    Skeleton Suit (Old Chainmail)
    Fang Shield (Spiked Shield)
    Hell Cauldron (Uncertain Juju)
    The Deadonomicon (Tome of the Withering Source)
    Vankenstein’s Staff (Staff of Peril)
    Blazing Skull (Charged Opal)
    Trickster Wand (Caustic Wand)
    Wicked Broom (Big Stick)
    Haunted Stick (Weighty Wand)
    Witchy Robes (Tempest Robes)
    Black Cat Buckler (Parrying Buckler)
    Pumpkin Bomb (Azgul’s Orb)
    Werewolf Boots (Garalem’s Boots)
    Sugar Rage (God’s Rage)

2. Chompman

Chompman Mushroom Warrior

Being able to buy Pumpkin Bomb (Azgul’s Orb) makes me happy as I have been trying to get more firestorms really bad to try the evil firestorm decks but I really hope you can only get one of each item during the event from the store as it is powerful.

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

One of each, yeah.

4. Andrew Talbot

Andrew Talbot Mushroom Warrior

Ugh, more to buy when I have so little gold. XD

5. progammer

progammer Ogre

Yay for more stuff. One thing though, this may get confusing later on since item is sorted by name (after any other sort condition) so it will be hard to keep track of these items and their counterpart.

6. dmar314

dmar314 Goblin Champion

How long will the store be open?

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

8. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

It'll be so very spoopy.

Kalin likes this.
  9. Arondight

Arondight Kobold

how about a level 18 event campaign? /no1

10. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

I smell even more firestorm shenanigans in MP :(

11. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

A holiday themed adventure? Yes, please!

12. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Hmm . . .

Okay, so there are a lot of online games that do "seasonal" content, either collectable re-skins or actual game-benefiting content. This seems to be a popular way to keep new content arriving in the game.

I hadn't thought of this happening in Card Hunter because, well, we'd been talking about MAJOR content changes like expanding adventure levels.

But if this is just par for the course, then what would people like to see in future minor or seasonal content? Will you want candy cane weapons in-game? Valentine's Day poison love letters? Or would Lunar New Year explosives be more up your alley?

Pokemath likes this.
  13. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

In general, seasonal content are tacked to playerbase demographics. Most games will have New Year, Valentines, Easter, Halloween, Xmas. Some will have Boxing Day, School Holidays etc. Jap games will almost always have Golden Week and the Chinese will have a whole bunch of traditional festivals. Then there are those variants that contain World Cup, Olympics etc. Basically, any major reason for celebration will likely result in seasonal content.

edit: How could I have missed out Easter ? :p

14. Jon

I just wanted to let you know we've changed the Pumpkin Bomb's card suite. It's now going to be a copy of Wym's Fiery Pin, not Azgul's Orb.

Why? Azgul's Orb has double Firestorm on it and we know that card has been causing some issues lately. We didn't want to flood the game with too many copies of that card if it's going to have to be nerfed sometime in the future.

Wym's Fiery Pin is double Glob Of Flame and one copy of Firestorm.

Sorry if that's a disappointment to those looking forward to it being in stock in the Halloween store.

15. Jon

The store will be open for around two weeks. It won't restock so everyone will only be able to buy one of each item in it.

16. dnd_greg

dnd_greg Kobold

I'm not seeing any halloween items or figures. Am I missing something, or has this not started yet?

17. Arondight

Arondight Kobold

18. DrWilis

DrWilis Kobold

Does anyone know if these new multiplayer boards will be Halloween themed.

19. Jon

Yes!

20. Chompman

Chompman Mushroom Warrior

Aww pumpkin bomb got switched.

I wonder why. ;)