Announcing: Snoozi

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

2. Chompman

Chompman Mushroom Warrior

Add a sound file of someone sleeping/snoring when that pops up to make it even better. :)

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

It has some "interesting" audio, which hopefully will alert you when it pops up.

4. progammer

progammer Ogre

Cool, have to afk to try this feature out (Hope that this is not counter intuitive :p)

5. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

This sounds like it would really mess me up when I say "brb" then take a pizza out of the oven, yet otherwise play quickly.

6. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Try not to cook pizza during a match :)

7. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I note the naming tradition continues from the homicidal in-game gnomes. Good to see sane gnomes somewhere. Let's hope that this means good things for gameplay, and a minimum of oven-food-related disasters.

Ben_Lee likes this.
  8. pliers

pliers Goblin Champion

If you are going to have pizza coming out of the oven soon, perhaps you shouldn't queue. If you're going to be gone for a significant length of time, it's more reasonable for you to skip a match than for your opponent to have to wait for you.

PIZZA likes this.
  9. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

But Pizza and Card Hunter are so good together!

Megadestructo likes this.
  10. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

I didn't mean take a pizza out *and eat it*, I just meant take a pizza out of the oven to let it cool. It takes 7 minutes to get cool, so what better way to spend those 7 minutes than finishing up a multiplayer game?

11. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

A gnome that you have make sure stays asleep, with the threat that if he wakes up you instantly lose the game. Are you sure that this gnome is any more sane than the others?

Should the time run out, an actual gnome piece dropped onto the board which proceeds to run about obliterating the offending player's characters would be pretty fun to watch.

12. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Assussanni, you make several good points.

Oh, and I'll drag this quote from the Testing forum since it's about Snoozi:
    I think we've discovered an important and untapped source of revenue for Blue Manchu. Selling sound effect ringtones and alert noises.

13. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

You know what, I actually recall suggesting they'd sell "sound costumes".

Also, hopefully they add a tutorial explaining Snoozi, and letting us hear it for ourselves so we don't have to get in trouble...