What to do ?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by DrunkPunk, Oct 15, 2013.

1. DrunkPunk

DrunkPunk Kobold

What to do after you finish campaign ? Im not interested in pvp, its a neverending jumping around, super boring, its like maps against mages, can chase them whole day, should be deleted from game, these maps make people leave, i prefer chalanging bosses and stuff, can be fun co op playing pve, i finished campaign and thats it, nothing to do anymore,waiting release, maybe then will be added more content.

2. DrunkPunk

DrunkPunk Kobold

Forum is almost impossible to open, its so slow,edit not working also, tonnos of legendary and epic stuff ingame is useless crap, level 1 stuff is even better then thes legendary parts, why u implement so rare useless items, i dont have any epic or legendery item which is better then my standard low level items but i have enough of them weird unballance crap items are better then legendary.

3. SystemIsDown

SystemIsDown Mushroom Warrior

Level another party to get more/better stuff. Maybe try running 3 wizards or 3 warriors just for fun. Play CardStock II daily to get more high level gear. You can try custom content too.

Edit: No problem with the forums for me. I'm using Chrome though.

4. Questor

Questor Ogre

Finishing all the quest challenges, waiting for new contend or looking for another game.

5. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

There's some very nice Custom Scenarios. Making them should also be interesting if you're into such things.

6. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless Goblin Champion

The reason for the large number of underpowered rare (+) items is so that long-term players of the game still have the occasional new piece of loot to check out, while new players are able to build an effective and competitive party only from more common items. It helps keep the playing field fair for the unlucky, makes the campaign easier to balance, and encourages new players to jump into PvP sooner.

... which isn't to say there aren't a few notable exceptions to this guideline, cough The Strongarm.

7. Tryan

Tryan Kobold

I agree with the OP regarding Epic and Legendary items being underwhelming. A legendary item, as the name suggests, should be something that should be useful to any players and and certainly something you should look forward to getting. Most players will soon realize that only a few of the Legendary items are actually desirable. The fix I suppose is the creation of a new class of items (Godlike anyone?) which everyone would want unlike now where it really is quite hit and miss.

8. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

Well, fast majority of legendaries are good. They just tend to be items that you need to build around. Not something you can just slap in.

Which is very good thing in f2p/grind game.

Bearson Onyx and Bandreus like this.
  9. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Actually the argument about most epics/legendaries being crap is a very, very weak one.

The devs have designed 1000+ items keeping variety in mind. Things are not always as simple as "the rarer the item, the most OP it gets". Epics/Legendaries are not intended to simply be OP. The thing those items really enable you to do is building very optimized, focused or otherwise crazy decks.

In a game where thousands (millions? gazillions?) of builds are possible, it's only a given that not every item is going to be equally useful to all players. What you call a "crap legendary" might indeed be the item which would allow me to turn my "good build" into an "awesome" one instead.

But I can see why people might miss this point entirely.

And to replay to the OP's concerns. I will suggest trying out some of the countless, awesome Custom maps the community is creating every day. That should help with keeping yourself entertained til BM finally announces an expansion for the game.

Andrew Talbot likes this.
  10. Tryan

Tryan Kobold

I think it's just an issue of terminology for me. When the word legendary is used, I associate that with an item which anyone using a particular class will want (i.e. a legendary weapon should be something every warrior would desire). You are right Bandreus in that as it stands, a legendary item is more build specific (which is a narrower subset) than it is class specific. Practically, I am not even sure having legendary items (in the way I would like it) would work since having every warrior decked out with a "must have" item would not work as well. What the current system does mean is that when you do get a legendary, its often an underwhelming experience unless, as you pointed out, its useful for your specific build.

Bandreus likes this.
  11. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Yeah, I can definitely see where you're coming from. It's not like I don't understand the feeling either, but I think it's important to realize the items design needs to support the gameplay, rather than the other way around. In my opinion, you start appreciating legendaries way more when you get to fully realize this.

This is not to say most legendary items are not awesome as they currently stand. They really are. But the fact you might still want to skip on a good item (regardless of its rarity) really plays to CH's favor, if you ask me. It goes to show how balanced the item's system is as a whole. Also, and this is true in general, your ability with putting good decks together is going to be more important than the specific items you equip your heroes with (though, of course, having better items allows you to build better decks, which is only natural).

If, as you're implying, an item's power grew unchecked with it's quality then the game would simply revolve around simply fitting your characters with as many legendary items as possibly and, ultimately, the deck-building and strategy aspects of the game would be severely hurt.

Oh and I would also add, sometimes we tend to forget legendaries are distributed over the whole gamut of levels, from level 1 up to level 18. Luckily enough, the items system makes it so that even lower level items still find their place in the game, even when you reached the level cap.

Next time you roll a legendary, think about the kind of decks you could build around it, rather than trying to bruteforce it into your current strategy only to realize doing something like that would probably suck ;)

hatchhermit likes this.
  12. shazbot

shazbot Mushroom Warrior

That certain item could be useless for your build, but it doesn't make the item useless altogether. Different strategies and adventures with level caps pretty much ensure that there is not completely useless item.

13. I disagree. There are plenty of epics/legendaries that are completely overshadowed by common/uncommon/rare items no matter what your build is. Improving those would lead to a more interesting game.

Vakaz likes this.
  14. kogi

kogi Ogre

Would it? I find it great that common items are so usable. That means if you aren't lucky enough to have a good legendary drop, you can still build a interesting and effective deck.

15. Don't get me wrong, I like powerful common/uncommon items. The problem is if you find something like Bohemian Ear Spoon, which just pales in comparison with a Bejeweled Shortsword, and has a hard time competing even with a lousy Copper Spear if you absolutely want range2.

16. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

The fact 2 Polearm Slashes (which double as armor) come with Bohemian Ear Spoon is more than enough to put it in a different category than Bejeweled or similar, damage oriented weapons. So the two weapons are not better or worse to each other, they simply serve different purposes.

This goes to show how different people will look in a different way at the same items. When it comes to weapons, you value damage/mobility over everything else, and as a result you fail to see the value in an item like that. (nothing wrong with this, mind you, that simply is what the items design is striking for)

Polearm Slash would actually fit defensive oriented builds quite nicely. It's just big damage is dominating the meta-game as far as warrior builds go. Armor, on the other hand, is most of the time overlooked, or sacrificed in spite of better output damage.

17. Pokemath

Pokemath Mushroom Warrior

Saying a Bohemian Ear Spoon is better of worse than Bejewled Shortsword is not necessarily right or wrong. That's like calling Bertha's Big Clogs trash because you're running what you want to be a fast character-- so you choose Patched Dashing Boots. Patched Dashing Boots aren't necessarily better than Bertha's, you're just judging them by the quality and quantity of moves. It's like Bandreus said:
    Most (not all) epics are just in a different catergory than other weaponry.

18. Really? You are defending the Ear Spoon? It has 38 damage vs 58 from the shortsword. That's an allmighty hack and 2 step moves you are giving up for 4 melee armor ,some weak penetrating attacks and some range. And if melee defense is so important to you you are far better off with the common lower level Blocking Mace.

19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I'm just saying it's a subjective opinion. In fact I would not use the Spoon on my warrior either. But not merely because it's "worse" than what I use, rather cause it wouldn't fit my current build as nicely.

It's just a different perspective on things.

The Blocking Mace is great cause it comes with 2 parries (something else very popular, mainly because 90% of warriors are built for raw damage). But that puts the Mace in a third category.

Blocks, Armor, Damage, Mobility, Control and various other effects. Those are all very different things, they're asymmetric.

You can't compare oranges to apples. What you can do (and should do) is make up your mind over which one you like the most at any given moment. Having a favorite fruit is great. Stating a fruit is arguably superior to another? Still subjective.

Pokemath likes this.
  20. Pokemath

Pokemath Mushroom Warrior

Damage isn't everything. To reiterate: The spoon has different purposes than the bejewled shortsword. A stabbing warrior wouldn't use the sword. Also, I'm trying not to defend the spoon. I'm just saying that items, especially epic and legendary items, are not one-size-fits-all. The wonderful thing about card hunter is that it had thousands of items and cards, and slight variations in items can completely throw off a game.

Also, I'm not trying to put down the shortsword: it's a great item. It's just not always the perfect solution.