[suggestion] Sort unused party members by type, and not oldest to newest

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Aldones, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Now that I've got 18 characters and the list keeps growing, it's becoming increasingly difficult to find the characters that I want to swap into my party. This seems largely due to the way that the game stacks the unused characters according to how old they are, rather than what they do. I think it would be nice to either create a couple toggles that reshuffle unused members by race, class, or level (much like how the figurines are presented in the store), or simply allow me to sort them by whatever order suits me and the game will remember the order I left them in. I actually tried to sort them myself a couple times before I caught on to the way that the game was reshuffling them again back to the way it was originally.
    This means that the stack always begins with my first three characters, then the three I bought with free pizza for multiplayer (and then never used), and so on.... finally to the characters I'm actually using on a regular basis.
    A low priority, but it would certainly be a nice quality of life improvement for anyone who owns a ton of characters. This would probably be important to you, since so much of this game's income is tied into character collection and customization.

Zoorland likes this.
  2. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

I can definitely throw my support behind this one.

Honestly, if we could get a couple different sort options, that would be great. Sort by class, sort by race, sort by level, and alphabetical wouldn't be bad... in this case, we could even keep the chronological sort as a filter option.

3. progammer

progammer Ogre

Maximum characters we all should have is 27. Sort-able is a good idea and I agree. Even if it is only by type like in the tavern

4. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

Well, um, I have 4 elf wizards. But well, they're special case as I had to test Firestorm in quests. Didn't really like it, but then again I was missing most of the staffs.

Sorting options would be nice, or faster to use interface in general. Just a list where to select would sound nice.

5. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

I support this post.

6. OneMoreNameless

OneMoreNameless Goblin Champion

I'd prefer to keep the current default sorting option - oldest to newest - because I have more of a fondness for and use more frequently my original party over 'Elf Wiz Clone B' or 'L4 Dorf C' and whatnot that I created later for quests. That said, sifting through the character sheets is really unwieldy as is when you reach >6 total characters, no matter what the order. The way that removed characters get slid wherever into your roster but are then sneakily shifted around again when you aren't looking bugs the heck out of me also.

7. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I've noted this on our "wish list".

Flaxative and Aldones like this.
  8. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I can see someone wanting twice that, so they can have 3 of each at level 1 and 3 at max level. (Three of each figure would just be silly.)