9th level

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by btmarine, Oct 8, 2013.

1. btmarine

btmarine Kobold

I'm in Lord Stafford adventure and my warrior gets 2 shot quite a bit...I have access to a heal, sometimes. but it usually only heals like 2ish. Am I missing something?

I can hit for average 4....I get hit for like 12-17.

2. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

Try to change your tactics up a bit. Let go of healing for now, it is not useful at this stage. Try to avoid getting hit instead of soaking the damage -- either blocks and parries, or by not getting close enough to get hit and striking from afar.

3. btmarine

btmarine Kobold

Seems like melee at 9th level is almost impossible, I hit for 3 they hit for 10. I guess three wizards might be better.

4. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Have you tried shopping for items? Specifically weapons with larger damage cards or divine items with stronger heals? I hit a wall just like you at Mountain Pass adventure and once I went shopping I was able to keep up. If you don't have enough gold, you might have to play through the earlier adventures to get some treasure to sell.

5. btmarine

btmarine Kobold

Plus my warrior at 21 hps, 2 hits your dead and bile/zombies hit for like 10 plus...draw 3 cards and get 2 move and 1 attack for 5 dmg...argh even if i drew 3 attacks i still couldnt kill it. warrior is useless against zombies

6. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Ah, with zombies you'll want to use spears to damage them. When they move adjacent to you, run.

Edit: And if it's those big guys, make sure you aren't close to them when they die if they have Festering Guts on them.

7. btmarine

btmarine Kobold

Its not really an upgrade, maybe 1 point

8. btmarine

btmarine Kobold

Yeah they are destroying me...I feel like my gear is ok compared to what I can by and the limit of what you can wear. Maybe its just card draw at the moment.

9. btmarine

btmarine Kobold

I did try a lower level adventure but it only gave 1 exp?

10. btmarine

btmarine Kobold

Being able to melee until 9 and then not being able to is just odd.

11. btmarine

btmarine Kobold

So just wait until tomorrow and then I can go back and re do level 8, is a valid strategy?

12. btmarine

btmarine Kobold

Or build up another wizard with the lower level modules?

13. SystemIsDown

SystemIsDown Mushroom Warrior

Yeah if the adventure is 2 levels below you i think you barely get any XP. Try one level below.

Also, for melee attacks I found Parrying Buckler to be invaluable for my warrior thru most of the game. Not only does it block the melee attack, it lets you draw a card which is pretty good.

14. btmarine

btmarine Kobold

It seems like I just play keep away with the warrior meanwhile waiting for the wizard to draw damage....it wasnt like that for the first 8 or so levels. Makes the warrior useless, especially when you draw like 3 move cards and a shield. Now he cant fight or really block...if the wizard draws three move and a shield at least he can get some distance. I dont see a reason to not have 3 wizards...healing is useless and warrior damage is low and dangerous at best.

15. Heretiick

Heretiick Goblin Champion

Knock back, push, kiting, and wizards are you friends against these levels. The zombies do more damage if they are grouped up so try to get one away from the pack or hit one with a lot of wizard damage before he moves in on your warrior for the kill. Kite, repeat.

16. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

I think your warrior should typically be hitting for more than 4 now, unless you are really going for a dancer!

17. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

Melee remains perfectly viable throughout the campaign; you can beat the whole thing with 3 warriors.

How are you maneuvering around? Are you making sure to keep only one or two enemies able to hit you at a time?

18. btmarine

btmarine Kobold

There aren't many warrior items at this level that allow you to get over 4 damage on average. Plus the few items that allow you to get past 4 damage are like 1-32 chance to draw or so. Looking at the store right now, Im not sure you could even get 4 dmg on average.

19. btmarine

btmarine Kobold

There is a dagger that cost 500 that gives about 6 on average but has 2 negative cards. So I'm not sure thats worth it.

But is 6 damage even worth it up close when you get hit for 10+ with 20 hps.. I just dont see it.

20. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

Well, melee works ok. Although you need to be carefull and adapt equipment and tactics.

Movement will be the key, only let one minion hit you. Once it has used it's attack you have full turn to destroy it. Blocks help with this, especially Parry. Combination of stabs & bashes works great against melee only enemies.