Card Hunter Wiki - Cardhuntria

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Farbs, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

In response to this: I set aside a couple of links from Main page for advanced guides. Feel free to edit/expand. Just keep in mind the wiki policy and everything should be fine.

2. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

While sifting through cards on the wiki, I noticed the "Items with <card>" section hasn't been filled-in. That's a pity, as some times you want to include a specific card in your deck, but you're not sure if that card is available for a given slot, or in non-token items, or w/e.

While it's true you can still get that info by looking at card's images and seeing which pages that specific file is being used in, my OCD demands such an inconvenience to be no more.

I'll start with cards which first letter is "A". If you want to help out, be sure to post in this thread to let other contributors know which letter you're picking ("B" might be a good idea, for starters). This way we can avoid wasting precious time editing pages other people is already working on.

EDIT: thinking about this further, how do you think the added info should be formatted?

I'm thinking an unordered list listing the item's name and the number of copies of the card found in the item being displayed inside brackets.

for instance, taking Able Bash as an example (and only listing a couple items):

Items with Able Bash

3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

erm, not quite sure what you mean here... You can search for items with specific card in the item search query here. Alternatively, if you are looking for items with Bludgeon, you can expand to see all the items with Bludgeon. Are these what you mean ? Or am I completely off-track ?

4. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

yep, that's what I meant.

While it's true you can just search the DB, I indeed noticed every Card's page features a "Items with <card>" section, which is indeed empty for every card that I checked. So I assume it's intended for a list of items containing the card to be displayed directly on the card's page?

5. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

It's not empty. You just have to press the 'expand' button to see the list.

6. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

lol. I kinda feel bad now :oops:

7. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

The expand hyperlink is on the far right. Click it and you should see all items pertaining to said card. Do you see it ?

edit: lol...thanks karadoc. :)

8. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

yeah, completely missed it. sry for the inconvenience!

P.S. it's awesome :p

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

No problem ! We try to support presenting the data in as many ways possible constrained to the wiki's bandwidth. Lemme know if you want to see data in different formats, I'll try to get it done. :)

10. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

nah it's cool. actually that's perfect.

It's just the expand hyperlink didn't catch my attention at all.

11. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Made a small tweak so that the Expand hyperlink isn't located far right, but somewhere below the card image. Hope this will be more eye-catching. :)

Jayce and Pengw1n like this.
  12. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

it is! hopefully newer cardhuntria lurkers won't have the same issue!

13. smeata

smeata Mushroom Warrior

I never noticed that until now :/

Jayce and Bandreus like this.
  14. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Changelog (8th Oct 2013)

Added in Warrior skins, Wizard skins, Priest skins.
    Giving a bit of love to collectors and also in anticipation of more figures down the road. Hope it helps. :)

Jayce likes this.
  15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Nitpick: the basic skins were available in beta too. And should we mark which ones are part of the Basic Edition?

16. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Fixed to say 'Basic skins available since beta (Jan 2013)'.
    Figures part of the Basic Edition are now labelled. Credits to Kalin.

Historically, basic skins were released in two batches during beta. But I guess that's not really important. ;)

17. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

On the homepage, in the "Featured Content" area, if you click on the picture you're sent to the page for the actual image file resource. Shouldn't those point to the according card's article instead?

18. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Over in another thread you asked if the item search was working well, and I've been poking at it a bit and have some suggestions. First of all, stop using the abbreviations of the old power token names (C, B, etc.) and instead maybe use the colors: B,Y,O,R. Then have three sets of radio buttons:

Item Type: (class choices include all the race skills)
    • Any
    • (each of the 17 types)
    • Priest usable
    • Warrior usable
    • Wizard usable
    Power Tokens:
    • None
    • (minortoken) or (minortoken)(minortoken)
    • (majortoken) or (majortoken)(minortoken) or (majortoken)(majortoken)
    • (greattoken) or (greattoken)(majortoken) or (greattoken)(greattoken)
    • (ultimatetoken) or (ultimatetoken)(greattoken) or (ultimatetoken)(ultimatetoken)
    Rarity:
    • Any
    • Common or Uncommon
    • Rare or Epic or Legendary
    I think we can drop the card option here, since it's easier to just do a general search for the card then scan the table of items that have it. And in the result table (for this and for "Items with this card") could you put the power tokens next to the level?

Phaselock likes this.
  19. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Fixed, thanks !

The option of having 'Any' for item type is not feasible as it returns a whole lot of results which the server cannot handle. The query hits timeout. In fact, I think class specific queries that return a whole lot of results also suffer from the same. I'll study the rest and assess which can be incorporated. Thanks for the feedback ! :)

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Could you please make it so that the wiki search results by default do not include items that are no longer in the game? There could be a checkbox to include them in the results if the user wants to see some historic artifacts but I think in almost all current use cases the obsolete results are just unnecessary clutter and dilute the usefulness of the wiki.

Let's say I want to view current level 14 items. According to the wiki snapshot there are 23 such items. I search for "level 14" (double quotes included). I get 38 results, 36 of which are items (by the way, is there a way to search for items only?) The first one is "Giant's Longsword". Oo, "All Out Attack" on a weapon, sounds tasty! Oh, "This item is no longer in game". I individually view all of the items and 13 of them have the same tag. 13 useless search results to 23 useful ones. Not a great ratio. It's not so easy to get a quick view of what items actually are on offer in the game at a certain level with the current search implementation.

If the obsolete results are left out and if there is a way to get only item results it will be very easy to quickly get a sense what items belong to a level. This is very useful to manage loot drop expectations and maybe even plan them a bit as far as that's ever possible with random drops.

Thanks for your efforts in creating, maintaining and developing the wiki! It's a very useful and helpful resource companion to Card Hunter. I really like and appreciate what you have created there.