Release 1.30 (3 Oct 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Chompman

Chompman Mushroom Warrior

Yea I don't understand this addition.

You can still join games right after you get back but all it does is add more time until you might face the npc's.

Adding a option to fight just a npc would prevent a lot of this as people sometimes just want to face those and don't increase the ratings for it but chests can be winnable from it to a certain spot, say the 3rd or 4th gold chest, so people still have to play against others for the epic.

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

If people just want to grind the ai, why don't they just play the sp campaign instead - and get loot from there? I believe the ladder part of the game is called multiplayer for a reason?

Zoorland likes this.
  3. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

cause they want the gold chests but can't cope playing an actual human being

4. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Not sure if a bug or a feature (and it's something minor anyways), but posting regardless.

- Last time I played, I left out in the middle of Secret of the Gnome Lords
    - Next time I fire up the game, I enter MP and do a couple matches
    - I switch to Campaign. I'm sent right at the briefing screen for the adventure, as per changelog
    - As I complete the quest, I'm sent to the map view
    - Screen is not centered on the Secrets of the Gnome Lords location, but rather on The Orc's Head Tavern, and the Adventurers Marker is nowhere to be seen

again, nothing making the game any worse, but your care for polish is evident, so I guess you might want to look into this?

5. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

There's a problem with this build where google wallet isn't working. We'll be deploy a fix shortly which will involve a very short downtime. Sorry!

6. LightPhoenix

LightPhoenix Orc Soldier

Alternatively, someone might resign they've assessed the battle thus far and came to the conclusion there's no chance of victory. Thus, it's quicker for both parties to resign than to play out the rest of a foregone conclusion. Why should a player be penalized if that's the case? For that matter, what if you legitimately lose?

If this issue is people deliberately throwing games to grind the AI for chests, then a flat "loss delay" is not a great solution. A better solution might be a tiered resign delay (no delay for the first one or two, increasing as you get more resigns per day), or perhaps based on how long you've played for (no delay if you've played more than two round, some delay for one round, long delay if you don't play one round). Alternatively, simply have AI matches only give normal chests and not the gold ones. Alternatively, simply not allow AI games for a certain period after resigning but still allow human games. Or even more alternatively, and more directly addressing the problem - get rid of special reward chests in MP altogether. All of these are better alternatives than a simple wait time.

7. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

Nice change. Feels much smoother!

8. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

You can find the devs response in the testing thread: https://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/test-build-1-30-1-oct-2013.3977/#post-39174

I'm sure it will be reviewed as it goes along.

9. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

Don't get me wrong: I love the new figures. But why are the other, no-longer-new, figures still marked !NEW! in the shop?

10. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I think they mark every figure you haven't purchased yet as new by default. And I agree that the "new" tag shall be reserved to recently-released figures only.

Also, but this might be just me really, I feel like figures are somewhat pricey. Don't get me wrong, I love supporting the devs, but 80 slices (~2.5$) for a single figure? When starter MP decks go for 50g only? I feel like most people will want to spend their money on the club membership, given how you can get 30 days of better loot for the same price of buying 4 figures.

Maybe holding limited time offers on figures could be a good idea to boost sales. Something like a 20% discount for a 4-figures pack?

11. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Yes big love for the new figures i already own more than i can use and i still contemplate getting a few of them! They just fit my samurai so well. Too bad i don't run a all human team.

12. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Yes, I'd love to see some new dwarf and elf figures. It seems like humans have been getting almost all the love so far.

13. progammer

progammer Ogre

Cosmetics are meant to be purely visual and has no effect on gameplay. No one need to have costumes to play the game. But everyone need loots. Cosmetics are usually overpriced so that whale can support the game for the rest of the players. There should be some tier of cosmetics though, from the relatively cheap one to some crazy $50 costumes with sparkles etc .... But then there will still be people complaining that stuff is too expensive and they are compelled to own everything (which I don't blame).

Bandreus likes this.
  14. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I guess you're right. My post wasn't in the vein of "please make stuff cheaper ploz", but rather meant to be a constructive suggestion.

I do buy fashionable and other kind of goodies, but I feel like a discounted figures pack might lure more people into buying more items.

Again, I'm completely on your same line. I just think Blue Manchu might want to allow people to get more bang for their bucks (hence being willing to support the game with even more cash).

I, for once, would be far more interested into buying the whole Celestial pack for, say, 8$ish rather than a single figure for 2.5$

Again, just sharing my honest feedback. I'm pretty sure the devs know how to handle their marketing, so it's likely I'm just singing at the wind ;)

15. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

There's been suggestions for buying bundles of figures at a discount, also for (in-game) pewter figures.

16. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I agree that it can frustrate people who like to collect stuff. I was playing level 13 modules especially to try to get that item before it was made unobtainable in the new patch, because Jon had already mentioned in another thread that it would be changed. Unfortunately (and unsurprisingly) I didn't get it, and now I have to live with the pain of that failure forever... :eek:

I'm sure the Greenfang bug was the main motivation for making it unobtainable, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't just as easy to fix the bug in a bunch of other ways.

I've been speculating that maybe in some future version of the game, Greenfang will make a return as part of the proper campaign, and then the Goldleaf Blade could once again be given as a reward for that battle... So in the mean time, maybe it's being saved for that. :confused:

17. rephikul

rephikul Mushroom Warrior

Wait, you mean, people who got lucky and obtain stuff they shouldnt get to keep the broken stuff? That's horrendous.:eek:

-----

On an another topic, I tested the resign timer a bit Some feedback:
    + The resign timer kick in right at the first resign. This is bad. Average people may still want to resign from time to time. Like when the other guy deliberately afk to force a win.
    + The resign timer cap at 7 minutes. Not good, not good. What do you think resigners do? Sit there and wait it out. No! They do something else. There shouldnt be any caps whatsoever.
    + The resign timer reset when I got bored of waiting and did some SP content (i.e. waited 2 minutes then when I went back it counts from 7 again). I dont think this is good. They have already paid that due.

18. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Do you see how your second and third point go against each other? Either they can go and do something else or they can't you really need to make up your mind.

19. rephikul

rephikul Mushroom Warrior

Sorry, I wasnt clear. I mean it should continue counting from 5 minutes because I've already "paid" 2.

20. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

No. That's not what I meant at all.