[Suggestion] Make Party Builder More User Friendly

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by RedNebula, Oct 3, 2013.

1. RedNebula

RedNebula War Monkey

Card Hunter is a game based on customization of the user's party so it would make sense in making the Party Builder, the user's main tool in customization, easier to navigate and organize.

1) An unequip all button.

2) View by card type
    Right now cards are organized by the item it comes with but if I wanted to see how many chops or attack cards I included in my build I would have to manually count them.

3)Make the "Usable" button factor in how many power tokens I have
    OR
    4) Separate items that require different power tokens. Right now in the "Sort by power required" lists the items correctly but it can be hard to see where one power token level ends and anther starts

2. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

1) Make a build called 'No Kit' and store it. Retrieve it when you need to start from scratch.
    2) You can put 'Chop' into the filter box to see how many cards you have with that word, for example.

3. Mirkel

Mirkel Goblin Champion

I second 1), 3) and 4), they would all make changing gear easier at times. 2) I don't really need but if there was such an option I guess I would sometimes use it.

4. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I agree with 1, 3 - and don't care much about 2 or 4.

Also, I really really think the default item ordering should be changed to sort by level rather than by gold value. Sorting items by gold value is useful when selling stuff, but that's all. When choosing which items to actually equip it makes much more sense to sort by level because that generally puts the most powerful items at the top and groups items by their power requirements as well. Sorting by cost when trying to equip items is just a mess.

Zalminen likes this.
  5. Sky Harmony

Sky Harmony Kobold

Additionally, allow creation of equipment sets.

"I am fighting Skeletons so I need bash-only."
    "I am fighting stupid Monks so I need area effect dispel."
    "I am fighting 'no defense!' goblins so I need to get rid of a million blocks."

Switching between these, especially when one adventure has different types, is a manual and annoying process.

6. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

You can do that, it's called "store/retrieve" if I remember correctly and can be found at the bottom right corner of the screen, it's both in campaign and multiplayer but the item configurations are separate for both (so if you do it in MP, you can't load the same config in SP)

by the way, I fully agree with OP!

BTW: so many people (not only new) ask for the save/load build functionality that it should more visible / better advertised (maybe in tutorial?)

7. Eusix

Eusix Orc Soldier

I agree that pre-sorting the items by power would be a better default. Heck, by rarity would be better by default than gold value.

A few other tweaks (since we're wish-listing this), is that the usable sort would change depending on how many power tokens you have unused on your character at that moment. If I have used up all my major power tokens and have one minor power token left, I'd rather see only the items which are minor power token or less.

Also, the character sheets could be filtered by checkboxes [ ] Human, [ ] Elf, [ ] Wizard, [ ] Priest etc. Check the boxes you want, only see those character sheets. That would be useful to me as well.

8. Sky Harmony

Sky Harmony Kobold

I hadn't noticed that, mainly because you can't use it when you really need it in SP - between encounters, after you have died, etc.

9. Karstedt

Karstedt Goblin Champion

I read about the "usable" button and thought it was not implemented... I finally found it. Not really obvious.

I'm assuming the store party list doesn't go beyond 5 slots, but as the sole way to store loadouts, it should probably be expanded.

RedNebula likes this.
  10. rephikul

rephikul Mushroom Warrior

More experienced players recognize items from the icons, but I guess it's useful to show the required tokens on the items. Some small square "tokens" at the bottom right of the icon showing the color of the needed token wouldnt hurt.

Additionally instead of OR sorts we can implement THEN sorts. So I can sort by token then by rarity then by level then by gold value, for example. Changing the sorting priority is done by sliding the sorting buttons around.

11. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Instead of wishing I could store a ton of builds when the game only lets you save 6, it would be kind of neat when queueing for a map if there was simply a button "equip me with what worked last time".
    I'm sure I'd like to tweak my perfect build on a per-map basis, and not even a per-adventure basis (that's a lot of saves!), but once I've got it down, it would save so much time if the game just remembered what I'd used and gave me the default of just running that exact gearset again. If I change it to update it a little, then that just becomes the new default next time around if it led to a victory.
    Then the stuff I can focus on would be the really tricky choices for what to bring along for a quest, which can't be repeated on a daily basis like everything else. There wouldn't be any need to save those builds afterwards.