Pizza Slices!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ystin, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

I'm excited to see that pizza is actually something. I believe Roshirai was the seed for this idea.

@RudolphoCH
    Jason - Gary will accept pizza as a bribe now to replay lost battles

Without pizza though, we won't be able to replay lost battles. I feel like that's something worth noting. If this tweet here is speaking of pizza as the real money currency, like I believe Roshirai was going for, does that mean we're going to have to pay to re-play? If it's some sort of in-game currency then I want to know more.

If I've missed some development on the idea of pizza, sorry. I don't think I have though.

2. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Are these battles that the dev's lost? Yes i'd like to see those :p

3. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

thats awesome, prolly a cash shop item or a random drop or quest reward.

now that i think about it, could it be that battles are non-replayable? (ala, ironman xcom mode)

4. Majeta

Majeta Kobold

As long as we do not have to pay to replay missions and get new items.

5. keg4

keg4 Kobold

How about bacon as currency?

6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I might be wrong but didn't they say you would have to start over from the beginning of the adventure if you got wiped out. If so this seams like a perfectly legit cash shop thing to have for people who have money but lack time as its a time advantage at its finest.

7. Roshirai

Roshirai Goblin Champion

I can't take credit for that: it was something that already existed that I just picked up on from one of the many post-PAX videos. :)

8. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

There's a couple of mechanics at work in this.

You can't redo your items unless you restart the module, or have them on your mule. So even redoing a stage may not make since if you have a poor load out. In a separate vein, the ability to redo a stage in case of a poor draw is still important.

9. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

Ah, unfortunate! Still, thanks for bringing the gem of an idea to my attention at least.

10. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Okay, I think all the pieces fit in my brain now. We might not be sure exactly what their implementation is, but there's a bunch of ways this could be good.

Paying for a double-edged convenience, really. You still have to know how to play.

11. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

Needing to know how to play is indeed important. I'm dying to see what the payment model will end up looking like. It's one of those big and scary things that can help make or break the game.

12. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

I love the humor they are putting into this, pizza offered to the DM... I hope it comes with amusing lines from Gary to magically explain it in game terms :p

Evolved, mightymushroom and Ystin like this.
  13. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

Lol, yes. I hadn't thought of that, but Gary doling out in game reasoning for something that you do out of game (sort of) would be amazing. I'm also quite wishful for this.

14. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Yeah I'm guessing at this, but given the other mechanics they've already explained (like the mule), I think they found a need to smooth out bad card draws. The demo at PAX wasn't a random draw either, so clearly it can make the game more challenging.

I guess it would be similar to mana screw in Magic the Gathering, when you don't draw the lands you need. Later collectible games often focused on this area to "improve", so it's normally something a collectible game developer is thinking about.

15. Roshirai

Roshirai Goblin Champion

I actually don't think this is the case anymore. From Rudolpho about a month ago...
    So I'm not entirely sure how that changes this. Maybe normally if you lose a battle in an adventure, you have to replay from the very beginning of the series? I'm not sure how I feel about that. :)

16. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I should write a diary about this change as it was fairly substantial and driven by feedback we got from internal testing.

Ystin likes this.
  17. Ystin

Ystin Orc Soldier

Diaries are great. <3

18. Majeta

Majeta Kobold

I have read 90% of all the diaries and I think they are amazing. It sedates my desire to actually play the game just a little bit. :)

19. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I think you mean "satiate." Not "sedate." At least I . . . I hope you're not being "sedated" . . .

20. Majeta

Majeta Kobold

No, I'm not being sedated but my appetite is. When it wakes up it is hungry to play Cardhunter so I have to put it back down by reading a dev diary.

I fear soon that won't be enough...help me

Ystin likes this.