Post your cards that (99% of the time) opponents quit if you use in the first round

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Zerose, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Zerose

Zerose Kobold

after 100+ mutiplayer match's i have that if i use "Team Sprint" no my first turn the other player forfeits. Also almighty Hack (20 damage) ends a game for me if i use it in the first round.

What cards in your deck have gave you a first round forfeit?

2. kogi

kogi Ogre

Any ice cards on an all dwarf team.

Demonic feed on my warrior, which game him a full hand of nimble strike and Vicious Thrust. Chased down 2 wizards

3. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

I'be had one guy quit after I used a Sprint as the very first card to run my wizard right next to his.

I didn't have any useful attacks on my wizard but was just trying to keep my opponent from shooting at my priestess. Why? Because my priestess had Raging Strike in hand and she'd have been a sitting duck once my opponent noticed that...

It made me chuckle when my little bluff caused the opponent to immediately resign :D

4. Zerose

Zerose Kobold

Let's keep'em coming

5. deeincognito

deeincognito Kobold

I don't surrender ... never did, never will! Even in lost cause, i'll do my best to do as much dmg as possible. I'm a proud man, and i won't go without a fight.

It occurs quite often that i manage to kill one members of the opposite on the first round, it's often a forfeit ... i don't see why, but some people don't accept playing with 2 characters instead of 3 ... doing so open up my defense and i'm way more vulnerable to attacks, they should use that to bring down my warrior ASAP, but usually they just leave and look for another challenge.

Pokemath, Pengw1n and Zoorland like this.
  6. Lomi

Lomi Kobold

Team sprint is definitely the one for first turn rage quits

Duck is for round 2+ rage quits

7. Karstedt

Karstedt Goblin Champion

LOL! That's hilarious.

8. deeincognito

deeincognito Kobold

That first time i used Raging Strike in a fight without reading the card properly and got totally destroyed :)

I remember that day like it was yesterday ... oh waiiit a minute!

9. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I know what you mean, and I'm kind of on the same line of thought. You can definitely win metches even in a 2v3 scenario.

That being said, I can see why some people will be eager to forfait on round 1 if they feel they are at a severe disadvantage. CH matches can easily last 30 minutes, so committing the time involvement when your odds suddenly plummet down considerably? It's a common thing to do in most positive-loop games, especially those which average game length is 5+ minutes long.

At to that there's no significant disadvantage to a loss, apart from the bitter taste of defeat itself (which most players will care close to zero about anyways).

When it comes to single-card forfaits, I guess team sprint and obliterating cards are the most successful?

I think heavy use of nimble + martyr and card drawing in first round also cause lots of forfaits. Then there always is the whole slew of all mages teams shenanigans. Not sure why, as I regularly take those down with my average decks every single time.

10. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Freeze can cause some rage quites... the other ice spells too.
    Usul i fight to the end, even if i only have 1 char againt 3. Won a match with my 8 nimbus priest just by sitting down on the vp.

11. deeincognito

deeincognito Kobold

@Bandreus ... i agree with you in most parts, but the part i want to talk about a little bit more is the "all mages" thingy. The first time i went head-to-head versus all-mages crew i was like "WTF i'm gonna ruin him in 2 minutes", then i died quickly. But after that, i modified my gear to be a little more ready for all mages team and now i can say that i have a good chance of winning against any type of crew.

The best games i had was when the opposing player used the chat and comments the gameplay as we were going forward. I lost a lot, and won a lot, but everytime it's been a blast when the opposing player is playing to learn and have fun, instead of quick easy win, and rage quits if i play a good card early in the game.

I know i can't do much about ti ... but it's good to vent out :)

Pokemath, kogi and Bandreus like this.
  12. SwampHunter

SwampHunter Kobold

The other player being a real person = I resign.

13. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

@Dee I 100% agree with you there. MP games are a wanderful opportunity to both socialiaze, have fun and also learning a lot of new stuff. PvP is an awesome experience if you get into it with the right mindset and a positive attitude.

In fact I almost don't care much about losing at all, as long as I can have a gg with a nice persone.

Was just trying to point out I can easily see how some people might be willing to throw away a game early.

Pokemath likes this.
  14. If I run into the 3 wiz team, I resign straight away. The reason for this is two-fold: It's not viable to create a counter-strategy, because if you did you'd then be fine against the 3 wiz team but lacking against everyone else. The only way to resolve this would be to allow you to choose which team to use when you see your opponents team and vice-versa and both agree before starting, which seems convoluted. Due to reason one, the scenario is not fun. And the fun is why I play.

15. Pokemath

Pokemath Mushroom Warrior

Somebody resigned against me when my Mass Frenzied elf 's Obvious Maneuver revealed Officer's Harness, Powerful Hack (the 11-damage one), and Frenzy Aura when I was within range of their elf mage. You'd think that since I used the obvious maneuver it'd be easy to outrun me. But it was immediate enough that it looked like the opponent had taken one look at the hack and the aura and resigned.

16. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I play 1 of each class (such a noob :p) and yet I assure you I can offer quite a match to 3wiz opponents.

Just assure you vary your decks enough. Most of the times, all wiz parties focus on lots of control spells (telekinesis, WoW and WWs, firewalls) sprinkled with either fire or cold (or bits of both). Firestorms are quite common these days too. Electric damage also is an ever green for dealing some good insta-dmg.

All in all, a wizards party can't really shine in all areas at once, and you're allowed some decent chances at catching at least one wiz off-guard. It's important you capitalize on those moments when they occur.

Whenever you face heavy on wizards teams, you really need to play your mobility cards wisely. Just don't rush in blindly and try to trap one wizards at once.

Also remember, no priest = no heals for the flimsy cannon-glasses. If you manage to get a couple good hits in, it's pretty much gg.

Don't give up on the game before it even begins ;) 3wiz opponents can reasonably be dealt with even without a deck specifically built to counter them.

Edit: unless koi. then you're mostly f**ed xD

17. deeincognito

deeincognito Kobold

I must be a noob too then, cause i play one of each class and it serves me very good!

Pokemath, Jarmo and Bandreus like this.
  18. Pokemath

Pokemath Mushroom Warrior

Playing one of each class, I assure you, gives triple wizards a run for their money.
    It's simple. Get them into a fork. Have movement for your warriors: I've made elf wizarders forfeit when I drew two Dash, Team!s. If your wizard, assuming you have one, has perplexing rays or something like that, go ahead and try to get rid of movement. I'm not sure what to do if you're running three dwarf priests: outlast them? They'll eventually Hot Spot you.

19. TheSench

TheSench Kobold

I can't say I've gotten people to quit on the first turn, but my Stonewall elf wizard can sometimes get people to forfeit a few turns later. 8 Stone Walls vs all dwarf teams or on Celstial Koi can make for some very frustrated opponents.

20. I don't find certain cards make people insta-quit first round apart from Elvish Insight. It's more a sequence of events or the make-up of opposition party. For example, party member gets killed first round - quit. Opponent using draw build - quit (I would too in this example).