how long is the campaign?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by teasel, Sep 28, 2013.

1. teasel

teasel Kobold

i've cleared all the adventures up to level 16 and was wondering how long the actual campaign was...

i also heard you can replay maps under bonus condition like everybody start with 1 health or you automaticaly fail as soon as one of your party member dies but i still haven't seen this,how long do i have to play before this happen?

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Current campaign runs to lvl 18 (character level cap is 20), adventure-wise. "Quests" (the challenge mode) unlock as soon as you complete the last adventure.

Edit: Fixed sausage fingers fubar typo.

3. teasel

teasel Kobold

ah then i guess i'm not far from the end,the only quest i have avaiable at the moment is black oaken heart

4. renders

renders Kobold

I find it kinda short lol

5. Guises

Guises Goblin Champion

Just a small correction - the character level cap is actually 20. You'll be level 18 when the campaign is completed, but if you continue to play the last adventures you can get up to 20.

6. Pengw1n

Yeah, not sure what happened to my post there - of course it's 20, no matter what weirdness I managed to write. Thanks for pointing it out.

7. Forduc

Forduc Orc Soldier

And actually lvl 17 adventures are last of the campaing. 3+treasure hunt.

8. StormbringerGT

StormbringerGT Mushroom Warrior

I hope this gets expanded at some point. Campaign was a blast!

9. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Well, the power token system as well as the health tables are already in place to allow for level 50 characters. (You can see this in the wiki)
    It's a pretty strong indication that the campaign will eventually continue that far.

10. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

It seems very likely that will hinge on the (monetary) success of the game as a whole. Even dedicated developers generally can't keep adding content for free.

11. Pengw1n

Yes, but that's like... stating the overly obvious? I mean, the world WILL end at some point at well... ;)

12. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Really? I actually had the opposite impression.

I can't spare the time to play the whole day, plus I fight a bunch of MP matches inbetween doing the campaign. Lo and behold, I've been playing for ~ a week and I've yet to complete the SP scenarios.

Also, You generally have, what? 3 missions per level on average? That would make the campaign roughly 50 missions (this figure is probably wrong, so sry in advance). Consider every campaign mission is made up of 3-4 adventures... you get my point, right? Add to that treasure hunts and the challenges.

Furthermore, save for the very first few missions, I felt like the vast majority of missions are non-trivial (meaning you have to actually put some thought into the strats you adopt). Not even talking about the surprising quality and polish infused in every aspect of the game.

Hell, it's a damn meaty campaign, if you ask me. Even if you don't want to spend real money on the treasure hunts, it's quite a lot of content you are getting from a f2p game, something which in my experience is far from being a given. Oh, and you can also go to custom games and enjoy the plethora of user generated scenarios, which are growing steadily but surely (both in number and quality).

I get the feeling the game indeed is very profitable for the devs, so I have little doubt we will sooner or later get an expansion. My only concern is that the game might suffer from power creep as the level cap is raised (mainly thinking about the MP here), but otherwise can't wait for more campaign, classes and cards.

13. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

There'll be more content, don't you fret! When? That I can't say as it takes time to build and test it. :)

Bandreus likes this.
  14. zelink551

zelink551 Goblin Champion

I want TEASERS! :mad: :D

Bandreus likes this.
  15. Pengw1n

16. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

I want TASERS!

17. zelink551

zelink551 Goblin Champion