How will beta testers be selected?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by redcap, Sep 27, 2011.

1. inkBot

inkBot Kobold

Obviously beta testers will be chosen by a contest of who can recite the most and longest Monthy Python sketches in a row.
    And since there's no real way to make sure no one cheats, everyone loses by default.

2. Timaeus

Timaeus Kobold

Oh yeah, I have only 5 posts with 2 likes! That's 40%
    Wait, now it's only 33%... Nooooooo! Quick, someone like my post! ;)
    And yes, I tend to be introverted and not post much; I've been following this game since August last year, and yet this is now only my 6th post :p.

keg4 likes this.
  3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

You know, I thought this thread would quiet down once the "you can sign up for beta!" thread got going. I was wrong.

4. Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard Mushroom Warrior

Well we still don't really know how they will be selected. Jon could write all the names on slips of paper then toss them like confetti around his office and the ones that land on his desk get into beta. Or something less ridiculous could happen.

5. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

I still vote for alphabetical by forum name. Simple and elegant!

6. Sir Knight

On default page view, you are 6 pages late.

See that post for further relevant details.

7. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

Oh, I know--it just seemed like such a good idea then that I felt it should be given more consideration. I mean... why complicate things when we can just go ABC?

I don't know what this silly, sneaky, sour S business is all about, though. Best to stick with the basics!

8. Sir Knight

Speaking of letters . . . I just saw that one of my posts on that linked page was "liked" by "xkcd." I find that improbable for a number of reasons. But I'm amused. But I digress.

9. Zoorland

Zoorland Goblin Champion

Yes, well... some of us don't much like the alphabet or it's method of arranging things.

10. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

The best way to do beta invites is probably random with a small percentage saved for those that have been around for a while and are still active. The reason this is usually what happens is because you get a wide range of computer specs as well as type of player. The old followers are the type likely not to flake as soon as they see problems. They have an interest in the game, and will probably continue playing for a long time. This can make their input more valuable so long as you do not cater to them purely for this reason.

Althezel, SolomonFlame and Jon like this.
  11. keg4

keg4 Kobold

You know they could also just say, "keg4 you get in the beta testing first because you are cool." "hint hint" then randomly select other people. :)

12. SolomonFlame

SolomonFlame Kobold

I think kitten/jesus/almostthebeast has it right

13. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

Theirs still less than a thousand people registered on the forum, pretty small group, so hopefully everyone will get in real quick.

14. Majeta

Majeta Kobold

If this is the case I will become the happiest person on the planet ;)

15. keg4

keg4 Kobold

I personally like my idea better, but that's just me.

16. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

Bacon mini keg full of beer. I could wait a few minutes in one of those until I got hungry. Now, how to shrink myself.

17. Rapid

Rapid Mushroom Warrior

To be a beta tester, you first and foremost need to have... THE HEART OF THE CARDS!!!! :cool:

18. keg4

keg4 Kobold

Yes the heart of the cards. :)

19. Althezel

Althezel Mushroom Warrior

These are all fantastic ideas!

However, I still believe that a contest involving barrels is at hand. MORE BARRELS.

EDIT: I will settle for Alphabetical ABC if need be, though. No need to get fancy.

20. keg4

keg4 Kobold

How about alphabetical order starting with b(For barrels and bacon) then going to k then a?