Multiplayer - Strongest Skills

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Minmaxer, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Minmaxer

Minmaxer Kobold

I'll go with my top 3:

1. Winds Of War
    2. Nimble Strike
    3. Freeze

I think number 1 & 2 are well ahead of number 3 and there are several other cards I could slot into the 3 slot.

What skills do you consider the strongest/value the most?

2. Armoek

Armoek Mushroom Warrior

I think the thing with freeze is that in many cases other frost spells will be just as good, I've only seen it a few rare times. If I had to list the spells that have won/lost me the most games it would be the following:

1.Whirlwind Enemies
    2.Cone Of Cold
    3.Team Run

I agree though that winds of war and nimble strike are really great cards, just haven't used/seen them enough as my list.

3. ZiggyZebulon

ZiggyZebulon Kobold

'Hard to pin down' is my favorite. It's like block + cantrip when it kicks in making warriors unstoppable. I'd say that card has won more matches for me than any other.

1. Hard To Pin Down
    2. Cone Of Cold
    3. Entangling Roots

4. Keyser

Keyser Goblin Champion

It really depends on the set of maps, but I like most of the above. I think there's no obvious answer here, and lots of different cards can be great parts of powerful MP builds(which speaks to good balance). So I'll be contrary and pick 3 new ones:

1) Obliterating Bludgeon
    2) Short Perplexing Ray
    3) Sprint, Team!

5. Lindbergh

Lindbergh Kobold

6. My top 3 are something like:
    1) Winds Of War
    2) Unholy Power
    3) anything more than 11 damage: e.g.Mighty Hack

But part of that is just wanting to give every class a cookie. There are also tons of tremendous cards like All Out Attack, that need another card to work, so I wouldn't put them in the top 3 for reliability reasons, but I sure as hell would run them.

Incidentally, I think that Whirlwind and Whirlwind Enemies are some of the very worst multiplayer cards, and it's funny to me that there are so many threads rating them highly.

7. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Here's 3 that should be on your radar.

1) Wall Of Stone Depends a bit on the map, but can gain a huge advantage for a single card.
    2) Altruism Might not look great, but is likely the best trait in the game currently as it will normally draw you at least 2 cards.
    3) Leadership Improves your draws when you need it, a very good card you hate to see your opponent cast.