Card Hunter Wiki - Cardhuntria

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Farbs, Oct 18, 2012.

1. progammer

progammer Ogre

So far the only outlier is:
    Bless (St Ulrich's Bones) has an intro level of 23 and Massive Chop (Giant Skeletal Arm) has an intro level of 27. Does that means these 2 items cannot drop normally ?
    If that's the case, the only way to obtain them is to use pizza.

2. Lindbergh

Lindbergh Kobold

Can't speak on the intro level drops, but I can tell you that there is a Giant Skeletal Arm in my rare shop this week. So not pizza only, at least on that.

progammer likes this.
  3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

There are NO pizza only drops Lindbergh.

Jayce likes this.
  4. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Glad it wasn't just me being weird, I thought I might have been missing something =D

That's something I hadn't really thought about, top tip =D

5. PIZZA

PIZZA Orc Soldier

6. Lindbergh

Lindbergh Kobold

There should be no pizza only items or drops.

I read Progammer's comment to mean that these two items, which are guaranteed treasure hunt rewards, appeared to him to not be valid on any drop table. If this is so, then that would mean they are potentially pizza only items (with the implied subtext that this is probably an unintentional oversight).

The entire point of my comment was to point out that I have seen one of these items in the rare shop, which may or may not follow different stocking principles than the drop tables. This means that they definitely are not pizza only items. They may still be (unintentionally) pizza only drops, Progammer may have made an evaluation error, or some other situation may be at play.

7. progammer

progammer Ogre

To clarify here, I do not know if these 2 items are droppable or not, and simply posing a question for Jon, since its intro level of these 2 are abnormally high compared to the rest of the item (all items intro level max at 17, not even 18). Lindbergh provides a counter example that they can still be available in shops. Therefore, even if it is not droppable, it is still not pizza-exclusive, which make sure that the game is not P2W (everything can be acquired for free)

8. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Yay, knowledge!

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

In beta, I got St Ulrich's Bones well before the treasure hunt appeared, and it wasn't from Randimar's. It could have been from a magnificent chest, but I'm pretty sure it was an MP chest.

10. smeata

smeata Mushroom Warrior

So that explains why all my treasure hunt + club rewards are treasures... I feel as though this should have been pointed out to me before I was given 3 toupees.

11. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Hm, you're joking I hope? Or you've had really bad luck with your treasure hunts!. I've recieved no treasures as my bonus club loot from the treasure hunts and I'm doing everything in the level appropriate order.

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Very interesting. I bought the hunts after finishing the campaign, and got 5 treasures out of 11 hunts.

13. smeata

smeata Mushroom Warrior

I guess I'm just unlucky.

14. This wiki is great. It's extremely useful.
    I had a quick suggestion for a possible feature.
    On the "Item vs Token Table" page, it shows how many items of a particular level require a certain token or combination of tokens.
    It would be great if you could just click on the number of items in the chart (example: 14 in "weapons" under level seven and next to 1 blue token) and actually see all of those items and full size pictures of the cards they give. This way you could look through the table and see items that you should look for in the shop at your current level or upcoming levels.

Nice work on the wiki, i just wish it had faster hosting so i could browse it even harder.

15. progammer

progammer Ogre

Another statistic: Item distribution based on Introductory level:
    introLevel.PNG

Some facts:
    - 2 outlier at lvl 23 and 27 as pointed out before
    - There is no item with intro level of 14
    - By the time you reach lvl 6, the majority of items can drop. (68%)

Attached Files:

Jayce likes this.
  16. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Try the item search form instead ? Also, there are card tooltips in the search results. Yeah, well...the wiki bandwidth is out of Roshirai's own pocket. We're just glad to have a wiki to call our own. :)

Jayce likes this.
  17. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Jayce likes this.
  18. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

That interesting information. By the sounds of things, players have zero chance of finding either of those items from re-playing adventures. Bless is a pretty attractive card, and I certainly wouldn't mind having a couple of copies of St Ulrich's Bones - so I suppose it's critical that I buy this item if it ever shows up in the rare items shop!

I wonder if the high intro level for these cards is actually a mistake.

By the way, where did you get that information from?

19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Giant Skeletal Arm dropped for me just yesterday. I already had 1 from the treasure hunt, and the 2nd one was found in a MP golden chest.

progammer likes this.
  20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

If you're looking for a specific rare or better item, your best bets are always Randimar's and MP bonus chests.