[Suggestion] Team PvP

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Gentlecow, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

This seems obvious, but I did not see it mentioned anywhere. I would love an option to play team-based PvP matches.

Perhaps less than 3 dudes per person for these games would be optimal, such as a 2v2 format where each player controls 2 characters each -- and maybe even a 3v3 format where each player controls 1 character.

BrentForest likes this.
  2. kogi

kogi Ogre

Sounds good in theory. One minute turns, I don't want play with some slow thinkers and have to wait 20 minutes to play a move

3. Voltar

Voltar Kobold

The possibility for 2v2 matches would be a really cool new feature. The things to consider if the impact such a thing will have to the community since most cooperative + competitive games (like most MOBAs) tend to create tension between players. However this idea and the possible "draft" mode, where you choose from a random pool of items clockwise, are the two most anticipated features I would like to see in the future.

4. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

I don't really see team PvP as being a success for this game. It seems to me that it would be exactly the same as 1v1, but with more characters on the field, and the need for external communication between teammates to get close to the level of coordination that 1v1 has naturally. ie. It would be like 1v1 except that you couldn't rely on characters on your team to do what you want them to do.

If the teammates aren't communicate to coordinate, or if they disagree about strategy, it could be frustrating. And if they are communicating then it wouldn't be much different to single player. In fact, I'd go as far as to say the most effective 'team' for PvP would be one player with two browsers open, controlling both the players on their team. In card hunter, there's nothing that a pair of players could do that a single player couldn't do.

5. Gentlecow

Gentlecow Orc Soldier

Yeah, there is: Making a fun, single-player experience into a fun, social experience.

For many of us, playing with friends is a goal in itself. One that brings something completely different to the table(top).

BrentForest likes this.
  6. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

Fair enough. I was going to mention that I'm all for co-op multiplayer for that kind of social experience you mentioned. Actually, in my post I was going to clarify that I was mainly concerned about ranked PvP, with rewards and so on. The option to play casual games of team-based PvP seems fine (although I probably still wouldn't use that feature), but I think ranking and rewards would make it a bit too serious to work well.