I have a major problem with the MP timer!

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Erlik, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Erlik

Erlik Kobold

Sooooooooooo... Hello everyone ! (to the ones reading this post). So here is the "major prob" (who can be ruled in few codes lines actualy...)

I played in " Multiplayer" style...So the matter isn't directly about the comunity (there is some good member technicaly as Jon or Pen, or else, there is bad member as many...etc etc)

In multiplayer come the "competitive" style (like it's Player versus Player") as i said once : No one like to lose, there is "good loser" and "bad loser" as usual... And as i said once : i didn't, i don't, and i won't never use a "report button" (in this game or another) when there is bad talking or else (People behind their screen want use their power, and often the power is corrupted, so they don't care if they just say bad things like they are behind their screen : just use a block button, say what you have to say, act like a man, rule it and end it, no need to report or else)

HOWEVER (yeah that was the introduction lol) THE MAJOR PROBLEM IS THIS ONE :

THE TIMER BABY ! THE TIMER ...Ok let's go clearly in the MAIN topic :

You launch a match : BAM 20 min to act (you or your opponent) And...Well...What happen ? Some fight (WOOHOO at the base it's the "main" point ...To fight...)
    And some other people (unfortunaly on 10 match let say 2...So let say 20 % a little more or a little less )
    So some other people (Let's call them the "20%" People !) just start, THEN , let the timer goes on...
    by just HOPING you leave...

So the tactic pretty simple : they launch the match, they do what ever else they do (movie, music, masturbating, or the 3 in same time baby !), and something like 15/17/18 min after : they do one click, by hoping you are no more there. (Actualy they hope you will just disconect) or else !
    And the screen you will see ! (Yeah take attention to Disturbed and Billy Idol however that could have been Wu tang Clan or Carl Orff...Or any kind of music ! OK STAY FOCUSED !)
    So THE member in question check his score : 817.
    And what i mean by that ? Well i mean : it's surely NOT the first time he does this...And he isn't the FIRST MEMBER i met who do this...
    And the question isn't the member or else (once again if there is a prob with someone : rule it and end it, you got a block button in plus)
    The prob is : the timer itself... (Cause by consequent, ANYONE can use this "pseudo" tactic...And isn't the matter than it's a "free win" for me or no once again, or than i do other things for 20 min...All of this isn't the question.
    The matter IS : The basic point of Player Versus Player in this game is than YOUR TEAM Fight Versus the CHALLENGER TEAM. And if it's NOT HAPPENING, so the BASIC POINT isn't respected. And by consequent that create a major problem.)

So : HERE IS THE SOLUTION BABY ! :

Take this timer baby, don't change it : stay on 20 min action (well even if 15 could be interessing too for 30 min max) However 15min 20 min, or even 1 HOUR Max by player, isn't the matter.
    Just put a DAM Limit DURING this timer for a NON ACTION done.

Let say : 5 min (come on 5 MIN to realise ONE action is already DAM Big !)
    So let say 5 min (well even if 3 min could be interessing there too...) However let's go in "big timer serie" (20 Min and 5 min for a non action)
    After 5 min of non action : just act as the dam 20 MIN of timer limit : Victory for the challenger.

So to resume : 5 min = 1 round.
    If 1 round = action realised = game continue.
    If 1 round = no action realised = challenger win.

So however here are 3 screen to show exactly the "problem" situation.

Untitled.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg

Ok so that's all ! ROAR BABY ROAR !

2. Heretiick

Heretiick Goblin Champion

This has been discussed in depth and will most likely be added. The community voted on 2 minute turn timers, though that may change if the devs think it is too long or not long enough.

3. Erlik

Erlik Kobold

We will see that. If it's realy a 2 min or 3 min "turn timer WIN" and not a 2 min "turn timer" and the other player do something.

4. Heretiick

Heretiick Goblin Champion

There are a few ways to implement it. The one that I support is that if there are three automatic passes (your opponent's turn timer runs out) it is an automatic win.

5. Erlik

Erlik Kobold

For example. That would mean something like 8/10 min (if we count your turn) or there could be the first "automatic pass" would be a win for your challenger as i said (in 2 or 3 min). Or there could be just a red "limit" in the 2 min (like when you go on the last 20 sec in your two min, and if you just interact in the last 20 sec only, after 3 time you don't get your chest)... So yeah : there is few (and even MANY ) way to rule it with just some code lines. And by consequent that should be ruled.

6. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

(Sigh.)

Here, let me be blunt: your only two threads on this site are titled "ROAR" and "do something about it !" You calmed down eventually in the first one, which was great. But then I saw "do something !" this evening and knew to read this thread last. Telling your audience "This is important! This is 'major'!" may sound like a good strategy to convince people something is important and major, but it does the exact opposite.

Unlike your "ROAR" thread, you didn't even tell us what the "support issue" was in the title. It turns out that you just posted in the wrong forum. Here is the thread in the correct forum (Card Hunter Chat) which discusses everything you just said, and confirms that the devs want to make changes:

http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/per-turn-mp-time-limit-contribute-your-thoughts.2099

Feedback is great, and in fact highly-valued. It's amazing how responsive the devs are. And I don't want you to think that I'm shutting you up here. It's just that this wasn't very effective in drawing attention to your concerns, and we have other active discussions which could address your concerns if you were to check them out.

hwango likes this.
  7. Erlik

Erlik Kobold

So you talk about "effectiveness" ? You come and post something cause you are not happy and behind your screen you think you can use your vocabulary to just say "hey i'm the strong man coming from da hood bow to me cause i want to lick the king butt, and we already talked about some topic "? That's all you got ? Ha no you got this too : "you don't want i think that blablabla" , of course you want to just come and "shut it up" . You start it even with your "sigh" , COME ON be honnest at least ;). The topic is closed , Heretic offered a "coherent" answer, you are not.

And about the "calm" : i'm pretty calm ;) bad analyse once again ! Why you take just the "ROAR"? you could have take the Baby too equaly? how you analyse it ? baby is a sign of angryness ? Hahaha come on ;)) So you analyse badly the situation, you come and you say nothin usefull exept "HOHO I'm not happy we talked about it and i want lick some butt" or " HMHM I'm the big one I HAVE knowledge"... Look here is a trick for you :

You got some prob of ego and want come in a forum to show than you can develop your own ego with a post : just try to justly REREAD the start of the post right ? ;) There is one line saying : "people behind their screen...blablabla...power...blablabla, corrupted).

Let's be clear : You HAVE the power to post it here, and to come with your "sigh" and make a post about your ego by pretending some fake analyse. You can even lie and try to put away your own responsability (to stay in the "politicaly correct" )
    with your "don't think i'm shutting you up here".
    You will even can answer after you see these line by some insult if you want or a big roman !
    You COME in this thread, and SEND negativity at the actual hour, cause like MANY people you got the POWER to do it , (like it's pretty much SIMPLE than FOR EXAMPLE saying the BASE OF COURTESY being "Hello" like i said "Hello" for example at start of this post...However...That would be too complicate to create an action with effectiveness, good answer, correct analyse, and courtesy...Come on lol such many things that goes AGAINST your ignorance ;)
    And i won't spent more time in this kind of things cause people like you want always "proove" they just can handle the situation and by consequent start the "opinion" and commentary...when i talk with FACT ;) (like this post, or all my answer...If you don't get what is the difference between "opinion" and "fact", check the definition of the word).

So yeah, you come and you start the offense. Admit it or no : it's FACT. Accept it or no : This thread is close and there wont' be anymore answer coming from me on this thread cause there won't be any evolution (from you or other people who would like to just participate as you do : with lie, ignorance, offense, etc...It's fact baby !)

So however the first answer (coming from Heretic) was short and techincaly correct (even if some courtesy were missing etc, at least there wasn't any ego showing off ;).
    So if you want just act with your ignorance (by fake analyse on some words and more). If you want just start your offense (by your sigh / not any courtesy, neither any effectiveness about the question itself when answer were already given in this post, talking with a "we have other discution"..."We"? So you talk for everyone, for the ENTIRE comunity ...? alalala...You need to put all the comunity with your words to make them powerfull ? Come on baby ! If you want to be in a group and be proud of it start to already know how miles you can advance by yourself, in your OWN way...And even there you won't be able to talk for "the comunity" what ever comunity is... So talk for yourself...Courage etc...Too many value you don't have )
    If you want to show your ego by all your entire post, and lying all of that by denying your reponsability ( i don't want you think i'm here to shut you up...If you "don't want i think" that, why even precising it ? You precise it cause you are aware of it, also you wouldn't precise it. And if you are aware of it, that mean you managed to create it in this situation... So don't deny the truth ;). And all of that cause you want to shine a little if an admin see than you "like" their development !...So actualy you felt my post were AGAINST the developper and else...ALALALALALA !!

You are so "banal"...in the shadow of a biggest power you try to shine just to feel your own power... Come on baby ! "It's amazing how responsive the dev are " etc... You want to shine like a good follower : send them DIRECTLY a mail saying "Thanks for the game here are my 100 Buck ROAR !" or something like that.
    You want to take the defense of the king (when he isn't offended, so it's paradox) however like you want be part of his kingdom you don't care it's a paradox and just want to show your big love, and scream it to everyone like a boy in love ?! OKAY ! Create a topic with : HELL I LOVE THE DEVELOPER BABY ROAR ! And send them some money to help them baby !
    So no, isn't the good solution to just come and pretend an answer just to show your ego and try to shine in the shadow, when you don't ;).

On this and as i said : this topic is close, and i won't even look back this thread, like i got my answer before you.
    And this reply is just there to show you the truth : Your ignorance, can't be forgiven. ;).

ROAR BABY ROAR ;))) !

End !

8. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Fixed that for you.

9. kogi

kogi Ogre

TLDR: ROAR ;)

10. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Keep it on topic or we shut it down.

Sir Knight has a history on this forum for being a very even tempered and helpful individual - please look up his post history if you don't believe me. That being said, I think your original post is certainly with merit and I'm happy to leave this thread open for discussion since it's actually a pretty relevant topic for those who were not in the Beta.

I am changing the title of this post so that people actually know what it's about. If I see any bickering or "explaining your/my behavior" posts (from anyone) I will merely delete them.

PS - Don't even consider this any kind of warning or anything like that. Just a friendly reminder to stay on topic and to make your thread titles useful. That's all. :)