Defender's Block Bug?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Mutak, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

I was just in a situation where i think defender's block should have triggered but it didn't. The priest who had it was standing 3 squares away, from the target, facing towards the source, but had line of sight on neither the attacker nor the target. As far as i know, that should not matter, but i can't explain why the block didn't even get a roll.
    Code:
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Mutak,Scenario=MP Gladius Single,Room=Mutak vs fizbann,RoomID=33613,Event=PlayAction,Action=Shuffle, Team!,Instigator=Lum,Targets=
    startTimer 1 1124
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Gladius Single,Room=Mutak vs fizbann,RoomID=33613,Player=Mutak,Actor=Ordin,Event=Move,Origin=(6, 6),StartFacing=(0, 1),Destination=(7, 7),EndFacing=(0, 1)
    stopTimer 1 1121
    startTimer 1 1121
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Gladius Single,Room=Mutak vs fizbann,RoomID=33613,Player=Mutak,Actor=Asha,Event=Move,Origin=(5, 3),StartFacing=(0, 1),Destination=(5, 3),EndFacing=(0, 1)
    stopTimer 1 1117
    startTimer 0 1144
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Gladius Single,Room=Mutak vs fizbann,RoomID=33613,Msg=The active player is now fizbann
    stopTimer 0 1139
    BATTLE LOG: Player=fizbann,Scenario=MP Gladius Single,Room=Mutak vs fizbann,RoomID=33613,Event=PlayAction,Action=Winds of War,Instigator=Tineva,Targets=Borsmith,Ordin
    startTimer 0 1139
    BATTLE LOG: Player=fizbann,Scenario=MP Gladius Single,Room=Mutak vs fizbann,RoomID=33613,Event=TriggerSucceed,Trigger=,TriggeringActor=Borsmith,AffectedActors=,TriggerType=PreDamage,TriggerLocation=Hand
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Gladius Single,Room=Mutak vs fizbann,RoomID=33613,Msg=Borsmith took 0 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Gladius Single,Room=Mutak vs fizbann,RoomID=33613,Msg=Ordin took 1 damage
    stopTimer 0 1135
    startTimer 0 1135
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Gladius Single,Room=Mutak vs fizbann,RoomID=33613,Player=fizbann,Actor=Borsmith,Event=Move,Origin=(8, 13),StartFacing=(-1, 0),Destination=(7, 10),EndFacing=(-1, 0)
    stopTimer 0 1134
    startTimer 1 1117
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Gladius Single,Room=Mutak vs fizbann,RoomID=33613,Player=fizbann,Actor=Ordin,Event=Move,Origin=(7, 7),StartFacing=(0, 1),Destination=(6, 6),EndFacing=(0, 1)
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=MP Gladius Single,Room=Mutak vs fizbann,RoomID=33613,Msg=The active player is now Mutak

2. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Was the target facing the attacker? If not, then "Can't Block" really means that.

3. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

Both the target and the priest were facing the attacker, but since the target wasn't the one doing the blocking (the priest had the block) it shouldn't matter what direction he was facing.

4. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Blocking by default requires LOS to instigator so defender's block doesn't trigger if it cannot see the attacker. Just being 3 squares of the target isn't enough. Somewhat of a tricky card to use.

5. Mutak

Mutak Goblin Champion

I thought i'd used it in similar situations before without a problem - are you sure about that?It's a card i have used a lot.