Server Queue

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

So, we recently hit our maximum concurrent user limit. That means you might see a login queue while trying to log in. That sucks and we know it.

We'll be working on solutions to try to expand our capacity as soon as we can and will let you know as soon as we get something in place.

Guess we underestimated how popular this game would be!

Lance, Ryahes, Zalminen and 2 others like this.
  2. Insolentius

Insolentius Kobold

Out of curiosity... what is the limit? I'm just wondering how many people are trying to play this game.

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

4. Jayce

Jayce Hydra

Crikey, keep up the stellar work chaps =D

5. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

That is how gaming works, indeed.

Pengw1n recently referenced the lag from when World of Warcraft opened. If I recall, this was the game where they purchased twice as many servers as they'd need, with the plan to turn on only the first half until it was time to expand. And of course they were forced to turn on all servers on the first day.

Granted, they ALSO had some fun before initial release destroying the entire world with a demonic invasion. I was wondering if we'd see one of those here . . .

Megadestructo likes this.
  6. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

I remember that launch. *shudders*

7. Tobold

Tobold Goblin Champion

"Estimated login in 8:05". I so hope that is 8 minutes and 5 seconds, and not 8 hours and 5 minutes. :)

Bah, humbug! You haven't really suffered a bad release unless you were there when Anarchy Online launched! ;)

8. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

Yes - the language should be clearer. It's minutes and seconds!

9. tangmcgame

tangmcgame Mushroom Warrior

I don't see a timer at all. The page briefly says "checking server status" and then goes to a black screen with the Cardhunter banner at the top. Is there an invisible timer going? Anyway, gratz on the launch, fellas!

10. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Not to hijack the thread, but didn't I see you play a certain card game against TotalBiscuit? I found it hilarious if the world ended up being that small. Maybe it was someone coincidentally named...

Also, sounds like you might want to look into upgrading flash as a first step.

11. tangmcgame

You mean the Hearthstone game? Yeah, that was me.

I was playing Card Hunter yesterday, do you think I still need to upgrade Flash?

12. Pengw1n

Yeah, I recognized your name from the forums - fun coincident (so small world).

If you played yesterday it sounds more like timing out sadly (I just entered the queue at 13 minutes)

13. tangmcgame

Gotcha. Thanks for the help! I'll just try again later.

14. Janrok

Janrok Kobold

The queue makes me sad cause I wanna play, but also happy to know that there's so many players now.

15. Gendou

Gendou Kobold

When I saw, "Estimated Login 19:05," I thought I was going to have to wait until 7pm. :eek: :D

16. Fred

Fred Kobold

Queue for log-in # 271. Estimated Login 19:05 :D

17. Stompy

Stompy Mushroom Warrior

#531 in queue.... While i am saddened by the fact i have a 20 minute queue time, i am very happy that the game has this kind of popularity at launch. I was one of the lucky ones to get into beta and i can't wait to see what lays beyond.

18. cxc491

cxc491 Kobold

I'm with Stompy on this one. Don't know why I smiled when I saw I was #527 in the que with a 20+ minute wait. Knew this was an awesome game when I was playing the beta. Guess everyone else now knows.

19. TheWombat

TheWombat Kobold

It's kind of loltastic though--this game is clearly so freakin' addictive that you'd think folks would have anticipated more than 2500 concurrent users. Then again, capacity is money, so I can't blame folks for being cautious with the company funds.

I guess it's sort of a badge of honor. I mean, if you launch an online game without queues, people will say you suck....:)

20. Pengw1n

Considering it's an indie outfit - there weren't really any company funds. I believe most people haven't even been paid for creating the game - it's one of those diehard passion things.