Opening Chests (graphical bug)

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dwedit, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Dwedit

Dwedit Goblin Champion

Here's a graphical bug. Sometimes when you open a chest, the items will fall on top of the closed chest, and the Open Chest button remains there. Pressing it again will open the chest and cause the animation to replay.

[​IMG]

2. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Yep, just encountered the same bug:
    [​IMG]

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yup, got this as well. Chest opened by itself, shut instantly - items visible outside just like above. First map of Highway Robbery.

In 2nd map of Highway Robbery chest bursts open and closes, no visible loot. Loot drop when opening as usual.

3rd map - I open the chest, it slams shut. Open again, loot drops.

4th map - same as third.

All this sounds load related.

4. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Thanks for the report! I'll pass it along.

5. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Yup, happening during the tutorial adventures as per Pengw1n's desvription.

[​IMG]

6. Spooky2

Spooky2 Kobold

I've seen this bug today as well. Another chest bug from today: click open chest button, hear the open chest sound, it animates open and then switches to a closed view with no loot shown. I have to click it again to have the loot actually drop. I'm guessing it's related to the lag/server load that's going on.

7. progammer

progammer Ogre

I got this bug plenty of times before, its usually due to my connection and a large enough latency (1000ms). Something like it register the click on your client but then the sever says no etc...

(Edit: I mean during beta when my connection is bad)

8. SgtSteve

SgtSteve Kobold

I have also had this bug several times, but only when there is lag already in game.