"Slowed" played with Traits despite not being a Trait, and not working

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Sir Knight, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I'm in the Arena Qualifying Round, and a Festering Zombie played Slowed in amongst Trait plays (Clumsy was played before it, Obvious Maneuver after it). It is not a Trait: like Arcane Feedback, it only takes effect when triggered.

In fact, there was no triggering dice roll (it's supposed to be 4+). And then the round began and the unit moved its full amount anyway.

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

OK, should be fixed next build. Was marked as a Trait even though it isn't one.

3. Dranwyr

Dranwyr Kobold

What is it supposed to be? It shows up as a regular card; is it intended to be discardable if you have > 3 cards? Why is it black backgrounded like other negative traits, but not actually a trait?

4. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Edit: whoa, just seen the date of the original post...
    The black background marks it as a Handicap card, i.e. a card that has a negative effect on the character holding it. It just so happens that most, but not all, Handicap cards are also Traits. As Sir Knight mentioned above, another example of a card that is a Handicap but not a Trait is Arcane Feedback. These cards sit in your hand until you are able to discard them, either at the end of a round or via another card's effect.

So yes, Slowed is supposed to be a regular card with a reaction trigger (shown by the lightning bolt in the bottom right of the card) and is intended to be discardable if you have > 3 cards at the end of the round. It definitely used to work this way so I assume it is a bug that was recently introduced.

Jon likes this.