MP Starter Deck, why can't we choose?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lockon, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Lockon

Lockon Mushroom Warrior

Seriously, why not? I mean, we get to choose how we spend all the other free pizza we get(All on the treasure hunts, as that is the stuff I like and want.) so why are we ramrodded into selecting one specific MP deck? Especially as it would force some players to pick up duplicates of characters they already have, thus wasting space in the SP(For those of you who don't know, you can use MP characters in the SP and vice versa, they just have their levels changed appropriately.) for those of us who don't want to use multiples. Not knocking anyone who does, but it irks me that this is the one area where we don't have the freedom to choose. Is it just because it was slightly rushed, or did you not want to hand out more free pizza, I don't know, you tell me.

2. Kira

Kira Kobold

If you dont like it go pay 30 gold to get the 3 you want. Not a big deal.

3. Lockon

Lockon Mushroom Warrior

Actually, I did. Have all 9 possible characters. My point was that it's inconsistent with the rest of the game's free starter, er, stuff.

4. Kira

Kira Kobold

I see, I understand your point. It just seems pretty small, but I agree that it should be a choice as well.

5. Unprepared4u

Unprepared4u Mushroom Warrior

The MP Starter builds are not balanced.

They don't want to just give you pizza because they don't want you to spend the pizza on anything else.
    They don't want to let you choose between the builds, because then everyone would feel pigeonholed into picking the most powerful build.

https://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/starter-pack-power-levels.1539/

6. karadoc

karadoc Hydra

If I was given the pizza to buy a starter pack, I'd save that pizza for something else. That would probably mean that I can't be competitive in multiplayer games for much longer, but I just cannot justify spending pizza on items.

I'd never spend pizza on starter packs, chests, or the club membership — because buying those thing is essentially spending real money on items and for me that seems completely against the point of the game. Gradually finding new equipment is a significant part of the fun of this game for me. In this game and in games like Diablo the fun is in the "getting", not in the "having". Buying equipment is effectively paying to reduce the longevity of the game. So I'd never do that even with gift pizza.

(Obviously not everyone feels the same way as I do about buying items, and that's fine. I'm just saying that I personally wouldn't buy the starter pack if we were given pizza rather than being given the starter pack directly.)

7. xienwolf

xienwolf Goblin Champion

Karadoc: You can do fine in MP without the starter equipment. I wanted to check it out before I was sent there by the tutorial. Granted, I had purchased 2 chests, so had a LITTLE bit of decent gear, but that is like 2 items. At low rank I faced the computer a fair deal, so by playing smart I was able to win. Win a few times and get gold chests, soon you have good MP gear without a starter pack.