What we haven't done yet

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Jon, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Tobold

Tobold Goblin Champion

Add my vote against having a trading system.

As Neofalcon already said, it pretty much wrecked Diablo 3. The reason for that is what is generally called mudflation, the effect that in a game which is about gathering stronger and stronger loot, the loot you find early is becoming worthless to you pretty soon. Thus anybody of a higher level has an excess of low-level commons he considers close to useless, while that same bunch of commons would be an enormous boost to the power of a fresh level 1 character. Trading tends to make a game trivial at lower level, because you can get too good gear too cheap from higher level players.

Stefan likes this.
  2. wingchild

wingchild Kobold

I'd think that can be restricted by giving trades a cost in gold (or more realistically, pizza) to restrict how often it's used and generate income for the devs in the process.

Besides, what's the incentive here for twinking low-level characters? You can't party with other people, so you can't outfit people to aid you. Is there a concern about farm-bots of some sort?

3. Baelnor

Baelnor Kobold

Add me for another vote against trading.

If you have a decent enough disenchant/craft then it would amount to the same thing. Play time = items.

Stefan likes this.
  4. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

disenchant and crafting is a horrid substitute for trading that bad games use....
    if they opt out of trading i seriously hope that never happens.

Stefan likes this.
  5. penda

penda Mushroom Warrior

As much as I want trading to happen, it doesn't look likely. With the current MP chests rewards that give you 2 very early rare chests, it's too easily exploitable. Free accounts + trade + easy items = bad.

I really hope they change something or come up with some clever restrictions. There's lots of specific cards that I want but can't get unless I pray to the RNG gods. There are also lots of other rare+ cards I don't intend on using but others might find useful. Trading makes sense. It just seems the game was specifically design to not have trading...

When more classes get added it'll become a larger issue. Some people don't like certain classes and end up with a lot of good "dead" items. The classes they do want to play might never get great items because the item pool gets more diluted. Worse if you plan on running multiples of one class.

6. Baelnor

Baelnor Kobold

s
    What, specifically, is wrong with that system?

7. Darkmatter

Darkmatter Kobold

I agree. Being able to manage and filter undesirable opponents in online games is incredibly important. Just look at League of Legends and other similar games and the reputations their communities have. I'd love to think that similar loathsome behaviour towards your opponent will never reach this game, but it cannot be discounted. I'd argue in favour of some positive spin on this though - maybe a system where you can report a pleasant opponent with honour points or something? x honour points could award you stuff. People like stuff.

ParodyKnaveBob and Stefan like this.
  8. Darkmatter

Darkmatter Kobold

Yeah, I'm going to second that. What's wrong with that system? not that I think it is needed. You 'disenchant' stuff into gold, then buy items from the shop.

9. Granitozaurus

Granitozaurus Kobold

I think trading would be quite interesting, but it might be dangerous feature. However I think lending loot to your quests buddies once coop is out would be a really nice harmless feature! and same loot pool so you could share who gets what would be quite fun as well.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  10. Doctor Blue

Doctor Blue Orc Soldier

I didn't realize voting for trading was going on here. :confused:

Anyway, add my vote against trading.

11. Has that been implemented already since May, or is it still coming? I was going to suggest finding some way to store conversations or detach the chat from other parts of the game. For instance, I was just asking someone in chat help with something, and when I popped into the multiplayer keep to check out his info, then came back to chat, I had lost all previous conversation, and possibly missed some of his messages.

Ineptie likes this.
  12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

It seems like the chat is actually showing everything that was said when you were in battle, but it erases it all as soon as you return to the lobby.

13. Oh, actually I was speaking about the lobby chat itself.

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

So am I. When I return from battle, the lobby chat window is full of text (that wasn't there when the battle started) and then it all disappears.

15. jpsprinkles

jpsprinkles Kobold

I fell like you should make more character customization and have it be free. You should make a co op where each player only controls one person. and this just might only be me but I'm having troubles getting through some of the adventures, like they're too challanging. But that might just be me being bad at the game.

16. grolibus

grolibus Kobold

Yeah, it would be nice if the chat didn't disappear when you go in and out of combat.

And another vote AGAINST TRADING.

Stefan likes this.
  17. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Mushroom Warrior

I vote for trading.

zz_tophat likes this.
  18. grolibus

grolibus Kobold

You might want to give some arguments. None have been given in that direction, so far.

19. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Not in this thread no. But there have been a lot of discussions pro/con the subject. What I can say is that the devs are not planning for trading atm.

20. grolibus

grolibus Kobold

That was tongue in cheek, really ;)
    I'm pretty sure it won't happen, and I'm glad of it.