How to get the cards you want?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Delicious, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Delicious

Delicious Kobold

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to this game and am still unsure what's the best option is for getting the build you want!? I searched a lot in the forum and collected some MP builds I want to start playing with, but how to get the items/cards?

As far as my research goes the only options are:
    - Camp the different shops every day and hope your items popup and buy them for gold
    - Spend ridicolous amounts of money on pizza and buy the chests
    - Play the campaign / matchmaking and hope you get some decent items

Since point 2 and 3 are pretty much to money/time intensive the only real option is to just play with what I got and get beaten up by high end builds, suck it up, camp the shops and hope my items appear?

Cheers,
    Del

2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Since no drops are locked to any adventures, you can't really grind for certain items - so yes, it's pretty much down to luck. The MP chests are 100% random in level range I believe, while store chests have a set lvl range.

If you have identified and item you want, your best bet would be doing adventures around that item level - as the adv level limits the level of the items dropping there.

Considering you should be matched against people of similar rating as yourself, you're not that likely to meet people with a lot better gear than yourself however. If you get matched with a "whale", he'll likely grow out of your matchable rankings pretty fast - so shouldn't be as much of an issue. I believe, at least.

Maybe that helps - probably not! :)

Keyser likes this.
  3. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Well, the SP Campaign should allow you to get better items as you progress through it. The MP Games scale to your rating so you should't come up against many players with a better set of items / cards.

Play the game and you'll find you get plenty of gear to play with. You might have to play a bit to get that particular item, but unless you're shooting for something unspeakable rare, you will get enough gear for good builds.

Also, spending some money, though not "ridiculous amounts", on Pizza is a two fold benefit, you get the option to buy stuff and the devs get to eat / develop the game.

Tasmanian Devil likes this.
  4. xophnog

xophnog Mushroom Warrior

If I understand correctly, Cardhunter was a single-player game with multi-player tacked on because so many people requested it. You are supposed to play the campaign to get your items and cards.

Pengw1n likes this.
  5. GothicHamster

GothicHamster Kobold

I was under the impression that multiplayer was a primary design point at conception. But, I am certainly not the authority there. Either way the game is fantastic.

6. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Nope, ranked MP was added during beta (someone can probably look up a date). It's just a few months old - think there were only casual matches to start with, if I recall correctly.

7. Unlucky Scarecrow

Unlucky Scarecrow Goblin Champion

I personally thought multiplayer was going to be a big thing too; But not Player versus Player. I figured we would be seeing more Co-Op or Player DM features.

I do like PvP a lot though.

8. xophnog

xophnog Mushroom Warrior

Patience. I know that there is some development towards Cooperative and/or Human GM modes.

9. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Option 1 still requires gold, which requires either purchasing pizza or playing the game for treasures/items to sell. It's still requires grinding, you're just using your gold on items in the shop. You could also use that gold to purchase lots of the random item chests.

Option 2, is just the money option.

Option 3 is just another variant of the grinding option, but where you're picking adventures based on their levels and the items you need. The key is that you do this in tandem with option 1 (basically selling anything you don't need and all your treasures). You can also replay MP, which may give you slightly more high rarity items, but they are all completely random levels.

Grinding will certainly earn you gold to purchase items in the shop, I have around 5000 gold at the moment which is more than enough to purchase what I want out of the shop. Grinding specific levels of adventures is also a good way to obtain specific rares. It takes patience, and by this a mean weeks of effort, but I've been able to obtain 4+ of key rare items via this method (things like Rageblood Dagger or Staff Of Winter as examples). While you will also find epics and legendaries via this method, you find far fewer. I average around 3 legendary items a week.

Buying items is an option, though it has it's own limits. 100 dollars will get you about 25 premium chests, which primarily reward epic items. Based on the averages those chests seem to net you about 45 epics and 8 legendaries, plus assorted other stuff.

10. Tasmanian Devil

Tasmanian Devil Mushroom Warrior

Do this Everyday:

First check the shops for the items you want; buy them if you have the gold.

Second win three multiplayer matches (giving you the first two gold chests; delicious loot in there)

Third phase 1:grind as many Single Player missions as you can until you've beaten the campaign. phase 2: After you've beaten the campaign, either start over and beat it again or start grinding the missions that are level range for the items you desire. I would just generally recommend doing one high level 17 mission and one low level 7(plus or minus) mission with maybe a couple of middle level missions to switch it up.

If you do those three things everyday you should have plenty of items to play with.

11. luisandrs

luisandrs Kobold

can include?, fierce packs of 3 cards, for example? be a good solution, the packs have some quite cards awesome,and another ones awful, you have to buy more than you seen, make some useful items random in a pack its and idea.