[Suggestion] View deck and discard contents

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Colliwinks, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Colliwinks

Colliwinks Kobold

Apologies if this has come up previously, couldn't find a similar discussion. Also similar points to the below thread:

http://www.cardhunter.com/forum/thr...position-by-looking-at-cards.2673/#post-27796

It would be useful in-game to be able to view the remaining contents of your own deck (obviously not in order), and the discard pile contents (for yourself and enemies).

All of this information is indirectly available via the combat log, but it would make it far easier to estimate future turns.

Eastside and Essence like this.
  2. Gerry Quinn

Gerry Quinn Goblin Champion

I like giving players all the information they could have - but where do you stop? Should you be able to easily look at all items that have the cards that you have seen your opponents use?

3. Nirvana

Nirvana Mushroom Warrior

I guess it depends on how accessible you want Card Hunter to be. In real life card games like Magic remembering what you discarded and what's left in your deck is considered part of player skill, as is knowing what kind of deck which card fits into.

I personally wouldn't mind having this information accessible in the client. Writing a program to do it for you should be pretty straightforward now that I think about it.

4. DragnHntr

DragnHntr Orc Soldier

Unless things have changed since I played, you can freely look through both your own and your opponents discard pile at any time. You can then remember what cards you have your deck and figure out what you have left.

I think it should work like that in card hunter, especially since you could look through chat to see what cards have been played anyway.

Nirvana likes this.
  5. Nirvana

Nirvana Mushroom Warrior

Interesting, I forgot about this. I couldn't tell you if it changed; it's been years since I played Magic myself.

6. DragnHntr

DragnHntr Orc Soldier

I double checked here out of curiosity, looks like you still can :)

Most of my Magic rules knowledge came from the old 1997 Duels Of the Planeswalkers PC game which of course forced you to play by the letter of the rules heheh. In that game you could check either graveyard. Other things have changed since then though, like interrupts no longer exist.

I don't see a downside to allowing this in Card Hunter, if they have the time to add it. I do think your deck should remain hidden though, maintaining the skill factor of remembering what is in your deck and trying to figure out what is left and how likely you are to draw it.

7. Hi all, having played since the weekend, I'd add to this -I wouldn't necessarily need to be able to see what's left in my deck, but being able to right click on either side's discard piles or any of the opponent's currently visible cards (? I'm not sure whether this is already possible?) to check them out would be useful. I'd like to see all the discards (maybe with a scroll to go back in time?) but even just the last 5 discarded cards from the piles would be helpful, particularly when something has been played and I missed the effect (yes, i know it's in the chat log, but right click to view is easier, as is picking out discards from 2+ turns ago)