Single Player or Multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JayPlaysIndieGames, Apr 23, 2013.

1. viscarussia

viscarussia Kobold

So far single player. Multiplayer is too stressful for me! :)

But I would love the option to act as DM and do scenarios and play them with my friends (kind of Descent the board game). That would be awesome!

2. Drew Nelson

Drew Nelson Mushroom Warrior

I'm usually a single player sort of gamer, but I just tried out the multiplayer yesterday and actually had a really good time. When you get to play, I'd suggest at least giving it a whirl... you may find it surprisingly fun. In addition, the loot rewards (at least right now) are pretty good.

3. jellymanisme

jellymanisme Kobold

Orders of importance:
    1) Cooperative (Love me some coop)
    2) Single player (My primary way of playing most games)
    3) PVP (Not really a huge fan of PVP in any games, though it can be fun)

BrentForest likes this.
  4. Irwik

Irwik Mushroom Warrior

MP, i like knowing who's the best!

5. Talonius

Talonius Mushroom Warrior

Cooperative is the most fun for me, if it is done right. I generally play single player for a while to learn the ropes, then try out the coop. I like PvP, but I do it more as a hobby on the side rather than a primary form of gaming entertainment.

BrentForest likes this.
  6. vexxing

vexxing Kobold

For me, it 'll largely be single-player. Too old school IMHO

7. funny

funny Mushroom Warrior

Single Player, and later Co-Op if it is available.

I tried MP today, and while i liked the fight against the AI my second game was against a 9xx elo (or whatever the cardhuntria term is) player who did not leave me a chance.
    I would have thought that with only players 800+ points above my beginner ranking were available i might get some more AI games, but no such luck.

8. Lauris

Lauris Kobold

Is there any reason or need to play SP, if I only enjoy MP? I mean, is there anything one can get by only playing SP?

9. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

This is being addressed in the next build, I think:

10. Templair

Templair Kobold

Well, healthy mix of both SP and MP with tons of Coop (when it's released). That's how I'll roll ;) ...

T.

11. Unprepared4u

Unprepared4u Mushroom Warrior

Single player is so meh..I don't doubt that it will be fun, but there is no sense of achievement to it, and it just feels like a time-sink. I'll mostly just use it as a tool to get better at the game and kill time. Its literally DESIGNED to be beatable. Even if it does offer a bit of a challenge, its hard to feel like success is an accomplishment when it was created for you to succeed.

Multiplayer, however.. The other player does everything in his power to ensure that you can't/won't beat him, and defeating another human is so much more satisfying than beating a computer that was pre-programmed to be beaten.

12. Nightchill

Nightchill Kobold

single player only

13. Mastruq

Mastruq Kobold

I'll be mostly/only play single player since for online play I am not really interested in turn-based pvp. However, the one feature I would just LOVE is coop campaigns. Not sure if its a possibility but please look into it.

14. Rubeus

Rubeus Kobold

I prefer single player, too.
    At least until a newbie can train and have a certain level to start playing in Multiplayer.
    That is, I wouldn´t mind that the game had the option of MP, but with a first stage for training against the AI.

15. Zblugg

Zblugg Kobold

What I'd REALLY love to see is a party-coop, i.e. three players each controlling one character of their choosing. first choice of action alternates between turns, of course, and even then you wouldn't HAVE to act on your turn, you could choose to skip to the other players (as opposed to pass). In-game text chat would be required to facilitate communication.

That. Would. Be. Awesome.

16. Soldan

Soldan Kobold

multiplayer custom scenarios this provides the biggest bang for the buck.

17. Kregling

Kregling Kobold

I'm a single player only type of person too. I might try some matches against the AI, but that's about it

18. Lauris

Lauris Kobold

How very odd! Don't you feel that battling against a human opponent, also being able to chat, is really exciting? It's a bonding experience! :D

19. Kregling

Kregling Kobold

I attribute it to a mix of being an introvert (not good at small talk) and how I react to competition/losing. Not that I can't handle losing (I've done plenty of that), it's just not as fun for me if I can't find a way to win every match, like you can in SP.

20. Kilopip

Kilopip Mushroom Warrior

Right now I'm all about MP. Played SP to level 12 or so and than tried MP. Haven't gone back yet :)