No Party Deaths Challenge for Goblins in the woods suddenly requires lvl 11

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Bobdoom, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Bobdoom

Bobdoom Kobold

I have a lvl 13 party , and I decided to try the No Party Deaths Challenge for the Goblins in the woods adventure (lvl 11 adventure, so 13 was fine). I was able to start the adventure without any issues. However, after finishing the first map, when clicking the Take all and continue button, I am suddenly required to be at a maximum lvl of 11, so my party was no longer valid, forcing me to either remove highlighted equipment or go back to the map. (I went back to the map)

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

OK, got it. I must have broken this while fixing the low level quest.

3. Bobdoom

Bobdoom Kobold

Thanks!

4. Dorian

Dorian Mushroom Warrior

Jon, it's unclear from your comment above, so I'll just make sure you know -- this appears to broken on all No Party Deaths quests (at least), and not just the one for the Goblins adventure.

5. Bobdoom

Bobdoom Kobold

I was able to do various other No Party Deaths challenges without any issues. I only had problems with the Goblins in the woods one.
    On the other hand, I noticed this morning that when performing a challenge for let's say, a level 4 map, and I am level 5, The health of my characters drops to their lvl 4 value, but I am allowed to keep the gear slots I unlocked at lvl 5. I would like to know exactly what is supposed to happen when bringing a higher level party to a challenge that is of a lower level, so that I can check if everything is working as expected.

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

This also happens on non-quest replays of low level modules: it doesn't let me use items with power tokens, but I can still use high level equipment slots like racial skills.

7. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

This is not a bug, but intended design. All slots stay open.

8. Bobdoom

Bobdoom Kobold

Alright, thanks for the information! So it is also intended that for a challenge, the health and power tokens are fixed at the challenge's exact level, while the normal adventure is considered okay for up to 2 character levels above the adventure's level?

9. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

OK, so different adventure level caps are only enforced on the low-level quests now. There was an error where this was happening on all quests.

To be clear, regular adventures and most quests restrict your characters' levels to 2 above the adventure level. So, for example, on a level 10 adventure, your characters will be restricted to level 12 or below.

The low-level quests is a special case that restricts their levels to 8 below the adventure level. So, the level 10 adventure would limit you to level 2 characters.

When level caps are enforced, they only apply to health and power tokens. Slots that were closed at that level remain open.

Hope that clarifies - this will be all fixed up in the next build.

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Could you add this to the in game text? I was certain the slots were a bug.