The Volume is driving me nuts

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by azelea, Jun 27, 2013.

1. azelea

azelea Mushroom Warrior

"Why is there a tiny steering wheel hanging out of your fly?"
    ARR it's driving me nuts!

But the volume is really driving me nuts. I like the sound so I've set it at the very minimum without turning it off, yet it's louder than any other sound from my browser.

Especially the sound when you're waiting for a game is ear-deafening. It gives a very nice impending game coming! But it's too loud for me.

Is the volume too loud for you too?

(using chrome)

Farbs likes this.
  2. zz_tophat

zz_tophat Kobold

Far, far too loud.

This is the only thing I run, or have run... well ever on this computer that I've had to turn down the system volume for. Which is very annoying because the volume of my voice recording is based on the system's volume so for software that uses my mic like audacity or mumble I keep the system's volume at a set point.

(firefox)

EDIT: and for some reason, if the game is at all audible the sound the game plays when I sell something is like driving nails in to my skull, ouch. The log-in button click comes in a close second for most painful noise.

3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Ditto for similar experience at the beginning. Finding the damn volume controls + lowering the speaker knob helped a lot. I'm at 2 for all volume settings, iirc ;)

4. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Yeah the sound is very loud for some reason.

I think the sound engineering is absolutely superb though, I normally mute games after a day or two. I'm still playing Cardhunters with the sound, and it still amuses me to no end. I love the sounds when you take out an ogre or golem. Good stuff.

5. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Good points all 'round. I'll adjust the curve so that lower volume settings are substantially quieter.

EDIT: Okay, that'll be in the next build. It looks like we also need to clean up a few other things here, like making sure sounds are affected by the correct sliders and, ideally, having the sliders adjust things like music volume in realtime rather than on next trigger.

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

And a mute button always visible even when the menu isn't (like the Terms of Service).