able to generate GOLD using simple mouse clicks.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Haxzploid, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

EDIT: It turned out to be clientside only... Those 20k gold looked good though.

Jon, please message me.

I have found a way to generate infinite gold. Simple mouse movement involved nothing else. I don't know if i should reveal this in the forum for everyone to see?

I sat down for like 15 minutes to see if it could be done. Success!

My estimate with the info i have about the game so far is that i would be able to generate around 2400 gold per minute.

(not a joke)

2. Platouf

Platouf Mushroom Warrior

Hello,

I think you can post here, we are in beta, we are here to test the game and search the bug, maybe anyone can be inspiring by your technic and can find a new way to exploit this bug. I can after post here and the dev team found a solution.

Friendly,
    Platouf.

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Or just pm Jon about it yourself, he'll want to know and plug that bug. As it's in beta it doesn't really matter (but you probably shouldn't post the trick here), but I'm sure he'll appreciate you finding it before release.

4. Dorian

Dorian Mushroom Warrior

We'd prefer that you NOT post it publicly. While it's true that we're in Beta, the data we're collecting will be most useful the closer we are to "true" playing conditions -- conditions which, we hope, will not include a widely-known infinite-gold exploit. :)

5. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

I have been testing this 3 hours straight now. It seems like (not 100% certain) it's clientside only, the gold is reset when you reconnect to the server. If you attempt to purchase chests with the fictive amount, game will boot you :)

Since it's clientside only i shall tell you how.

STEP 1: Drag an item from shop to the "table/wooden area" without letting go of left mouse button! then right click once and release both mouse buttons. Now exit the "card info pop-up" with your mouse cursor. The item should now be floating on the table. (no gold lost in the process)

STEP 2: Drag the item to your own inventory (item will return to shop inventory if you exit shop)

STEP 3: Drag the item to shop and sell it (you gain gold)

(there are ways of doing this very fast and in huge piles and you can also do it with treaure worth 200 gold using a combination of F1 and F2)

(during these 3 hours i think i got some gold to stick, but when i think about it, the game may have just sold some of my own stuff named the same as the fake stuff i was selling using above method)

6. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Thanks for that. I think this is similar to an existing client side bug that we've seen before with dragging items.

It IS client side only so you won't get any lasting benefit from it.

However, I will fix!

7. Jon

This will be fixed in the next build.

SurgeonFish and Megadestructo like this.
  8. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

I guess the fix will not just stop you from right clicking while holding an item?

Cause there are many other ways of making the items float:

1. Drag the item, press F1, press F1, release left mouse button, press F1, click anywhere to make item float.

2. Drag the item, press F2, release left mouse button, press F1, click anywhere to make item float.

3. Drag the item, click F1, hover over text field and release left mouse button, click anywhere to make item float.

4. Drag the item, hover mouse outside border in non-full screen mode and release left mouse button, click anywhere to make item float

5. Drag the item, TAB out, release left mouse button, TAB back in, click anywhere to make item float.

I know most of these act the same.. But I'm just pointing it out in case only the rightclick part is fixed.

9. Jon

Yeah, it will probably just be right click to start with. I'll get onto the other ones in time...

10. Jon

Think I have a fix for all the remaining cases.

11. Haxzploid

Haxzploid Ogre

I'm glad you found a solution. Not as if it turned out to be a gamebreaking bug though.