Playing Card Hunter on iPad - Photon Flash Player

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Valtharius, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Valtharius

Valtharius Kobold

To anyone playing on an iPad...

I've tried several different Flash players and the one that offers the smoothest frame rate and best play is Photon Flash Player. The game runs smooth as silk. The controls take a little getting use to, but once you have the hang of it, it is awesome!

~Valtharius the Mad

Ben_Lee likes this.
  2. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

3. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Oh very cool!

4. Wounder

Wounder Mushroom Warrior

I played it with Photon on my wife's iPad when a truck ripped the internet cable out of our house day after I got beta access(!)... but I wouldn't call it smooth. I think that might be more a function of being forced to use data plan instead of wireless, but it didn't seem much smoother once we got it back. Still, it's doable, which is what I was desperate for!

5. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

Is there any equivalent of that for Android? I'd love to play this game on my tablet.

6. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

Well I checked the store and there is a photon player for Android, doesn't work for me though. Just shows the cardhunter loading page and says I have to download flash player. Is there a trick to getting it to work?

7. Wounder

Wounder Mushroom Warrior

Did you enable flash mode? For some reason, they seem to think folks are going to use their browser for non-Flash surfing... there's a lightning icon in the upper right (for iPad, anyway) that you need to touch on.

8. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

Yes enabled but it still won't work. I had an old version of flash so I updated to the last one that I could find, which is still old I think - 11.1.115.58

The problem is probably that they stopped updating flash for android when Google stopped supporting it, and that version is likely too old to be able run CH.

9. Valtharius

Valtharius Kobold

Have you tried Adobe Flash Player for Andoid? My son uses it and the game booted up nicely on his pad.

10. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

that is what I'm using, I have that 11.1.115.58 version. Could you do me a favor check and see what version he has installed that is working for you? You can do it by going to: Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Adobe Flash Player x.x

11. Howl

Howl Kobold

I tried this on an iPad Mini and it was p.a.i.n.f.u.l.l.y s.l.o.w. to the point where I didn't even bother going into an adventure. My iPad connects at 56Mbps at home. I'm not sure how Photon works though. Does the flash play on a 3rd party server and you stream the results or would it improve on a faster iPad?

I also tried Splashtop 2 streaming it from a Mac Mini. That was still choppy but it was playable if you were desperate, albeit with very clunky controls. They should get someone working on an iOS conversion asap imo. They would be BATHING IN MONEY by Christmas.

12. Yojimbo252

Yojimbo252 Kobold

Very true. This would knock the majority of CCGs being released for the iOS right out of the park.

13. Yojimbo252

Yojimbo252 Kobold

I've tried a number of the flash browser apps on free trial but have not had any success. I keep getting asked to download adobe fash player.

I've tried iSwifter, Puffin but not Photon admittedly as there's no free trial.

I'm reluctant to buy one of these unless I know it'll work and the speed is reasonable. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

14. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Hi, I was thinking of an buying and iPad 3 or 4 (with CH in mind, lol! :p) and I'm wondering what's the best option? Assuming I wouldn't like to use a remote desktop, but actually play it on a iPad? I see mixed impressions.

15. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Since Card Hunter relies on Flash, your options at the moment are limited. People seem to be having luck with the Photon browser, however!

16. Dash

Dash Mushroom Warrior

Has anyone figured out how to do the card-zoom on Photon?

17. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Apparently. Also, I've read on some forum that you can try to tap 2 fingers. Will look into it soon.

18. Dash

Dash Mushroom Warrior

That link is totally unhelpful, it just says you can long-click to fulfill most functions of right-click. One workaround is that the CH guys could implement long-click (hold for 1.5s, maybe) to zoom.

19. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Sorry, just tried to help. Bought a iPad today and the photon workaround is indeed a rather poor one. Right click feels kinda essential (not to mention that it's slow and looses on graphics, it actually doesn't enable flash, it opens flash remotely and streams the video to your tablet). I wrote the app devs an email, let's see what they will say.

20. Dash

Dash Mushroom Warrior

Thanks! Let me know what they say!