Favorite quotes.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DukeMyers, Apr 27, 2013.

1. DukeMyers

DukeMyers Orc Soldier

Very well, since we have had and continue to have quotes, what's your all time number one favorite quite? Please post quote followed by who said it.

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line" Oscar Lavant

I used to sign work emails with that one!

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

"In a world where the sane are called insane and the insane are called sane the insane judge sanity."

3. "Money can't buy you love. But it can buy exotic cars and luxury yachts. Once you've got those covered, you'll be fighting love off with a stick."

"you idiot, a child of five could understand this... somebody fetch me a child of five!"

4. SigioCroceus

SigioCroceus Kobold

"Any society that would give up a little freedom for a little security, deserve neither, and will soon lose both"

--Ben Franklin

DukeMyers likes this.
  5. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

"Get off my lawn!"
    -Next door old man.

6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

"Get on my lava!"
    - My dwarf fire wizard

7. DukeMyers

DukeMyers Orc Soldier

From Ben Franklin to Cow in 3 steps lol :eek:

8. SigioCroceus

SigioCroceus Kobold

The next logical transition, from bovine to H.P. Lovecraft...

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

--H.P. Lovecraft, 1926

Grombak likes this.
  9. "Some people, were born to sit by a river. Some get struck by lightning. Some have an ear for music. Some are artists. Some swim. Some know buttons. Some know Shakespeare. Some are mothers. And some people, dance. "
    The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (please watch this movie, it's great!)

Teach me the way of warrior, Wise Cow!

10. I will have to censor this quote:

"See, there's three kinds of people: d---s, p------s, and a--holes. P-----s think everyone can get along, and d---s just want to f--- all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your a--holes, Chuck. And all the a--holes want us to sh-- all over everything! So, p------s may get mad at d---s once in a while, because p-----s get f-----d by d---s. But d---s also f--- a--holes, Chuck. And if they didn't f--- the a--holes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your d--- and your p---- all covered in sh--!"
    - Guy in bar, Team America World Police.

The quote has so much truth to it.

11. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb."
    - Lord Helmet

12. Turbo164

Turbo164 War Monkey

When my psychiatrist went insane,
    Only 6 of my multiple personalities were cured;
    The rest of us want our money back.

-Gordan Korman