First impression after reset

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Dugrim, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

I've played only the "level 1" quests.
    I think Gary should explain the "pass priority" (first to pass, first to move) and the facing after attack (the attacked character change facing to face the striking opponent) in the first quests.

Dorque likes this.
  2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I was thinking of explaining those rules via load screen hints (which are yet to be added).

SurgeonFish likes this.
  3. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Sounds perfect. Thanks.

4. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Load screen hints would be great. As long as its not a super fast load screen and I dont miss half of it.

irongamer and Lance like this.
  5. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Due to reset, I'm seeing Gary popping up a lot more often than usual. Sometimes he triggers after a card so fast that the card just hangs in the background mid-way in the zoom in/out. Other than than, the fact that I can go to MP half naked and beat Gary is a trifle disturbing...hmm...

6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Gary should be easy to beat honestly there has to be something for the noobs to learn on besides after the first 5(?) matches you fight players so its fine.

7. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Another thing to explain, if you don't have already think about it: The "Eye" icon on opponent-visible cards.

Dorque likes this.
  8. tangmcgame

tangmcgame Mushroom Warrior

After taking a break then coming back to a reset, I have to say that you guys have been doing some great work. The tuning is very smooth. It creeps up in difficulty rather than a frustrating brick wall after a few maps. Things unlock at a very steady clip. The tutorial is now very robust. This is a game players could easily get hooked on.

My only concern as yet is the pricing of real-money items. You're going to see a lot of accusations on the pay-to-win front, and with the rare store there's an element of truth to it. I won't complain; I know you guys have to make money in order to support the game. Scratch that: you deserve to make money for making this game. For my money, though, I think the Treasure Hunts are very generously priced but the costumes are a touch expensive. I think 50 pizza a pop (3 costumes for 5 bucks, something a lot of people would pay for on a whim) for the "basic" costumes would be fair. Add special costumes later with higher prices for dedicated players.

Anyway, great, great job with the updates. The new player experience is just excellent.

irongamer and Dorque like this.
  9. Dorque

Dorque Orc Soldier

Amen on the price of miniatures. 330 for 11 new maps is amazing. 80 for a different dwarf kinda honks. I'd pay more for the maps, honestly.

10. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I do somewhat agree the price of new "skins" was fine and then the pizza per $ changed and suddenly it sure was costly to get skins. The real question is did they do this to make the choice of skin more important or to make more money on skins? Because if it is the former i can get behind that actually.

11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I've just started and thus had the chance to see all the tutorial material. The introduction to the story works very well. It absolutely feels like you're "playing a game with Gary," and not, say, "playing this game called Card Hunter where there's a stupid gimicky person named 'Gary' who shows up to convince you you're playing with him." I hope to see it continue through the rest of play.

12. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

I agree with tangmcgame, the difficulty curve is now like it should be. I'm currently at level 6 and so far all the fights that felt too hard for their level in earlier versions have been fixed and the adventures that felt too long have been shortened.
    Good job!

And I just love the flavor texts on the cards :)

Ben_Lee likes this.
  13. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I personally feel its a bit easy but lets be honest its better if its a little bit too easy early on than all over the place sometimes being insanely hard.

14. tangmcgame

tangmcgame Mushroom Warrior

It did feel very easy, but I wonder how much of that is because I cut my teeth on the original encounters and had already gotten a good grasp on equipment priorities, line of sight, and enemy AI. Trogs, for instance, get so much easier once you understand their movement triggers. Also, I think itemization has been improved immensely, particularly with access to terrain spells on wizards from the start. Healing and armor also got a big buff from the enemy damage output being lowered (and armor seems better in general).

That's all to say that it feels good to me, and it starts ramping up in difficulty about the end of "Day 1" content, which is where I think it should start showing its teeth.

15. irongamer

irongamer Orc Soldier

The changes for 1 - 7 will make for a smoother intro experience. I'll admit it seemed pretty quick to move through those adventures now, quite streamlined. This is most likely a combination of better loot diversity in the store, some shorter adventures, and me knowing a bit more about the game. I'd say the current setup has a much better chance of grabbing the more casual crowd than before. Can feel the curve moving up at 7 and it seems good so far.

16. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

I agree: the difficulty curve now is pretty optimal.
    But...
    I found that if you wait to have 110 pizzas from the tutorial (or if you buy some pizzas) you can buy 2 starter decks, have some decent items, start the MP matches and, with some luck (not so much if you play 12+ MP matches/day) have some very good "no talents" items.
    Using them in the campaign made the quests really easy, I think even for a newb.
    I fear that this could be repel some players to advance in the campaign (now too easy and somehow boring) for the thrill of MP battles.

17. Platouf

Platouf Mushroom Warrior

Hello,

After the reset I found the game too easy. I had play the level 1-6 adventure. I play with dwarf team. I find more rare item as my last party. Is it my luck, or do you increase the rare item loot? You remove enemy in many adventure, I think that the game is too easy. I was never died. I didn't began again any map because I was defeated. Sometime one character died but I wasn't worried to lose. The only match who I found difficult is the second map of the diamonds of the kobold. Before the reset I lose some match in this level and must play it again.

I want to talk about the positive point now. I love the new second map of map star, this map is most interesting with the gap. It is not a corridor : one enemy come he died, one enemy come again... I didn't test the mp starter pack before the reset, but I love the fierce dwarf starter. I see the others and I think they are a very good batch and one more advantage : the prize. After the reset the mp leaderboard don't bug, it is very nice.

Thank you for this game, I love playing cardhunter.And I am sorry for my mistakes, my English is not very good.

Friendly,
    Platouf.