Card Competition?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by redcap, Oct 17, 2011.

1. redcap

redcap Kobold

I think it might be fun if the official card hunter team did a competition to get some community input into the game. Nothing to in depth mind you, because I like the direction card hunter is going without every bodies finger in the pie; but maybe one or two unique ideas may be a good thing?

We wouldn't even have to have rewards, just good ol' fashion pride of seeing your idea in the game.

So Team Card Hunter, are you planning any community competitions?

2. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Fingers crossed!

3. Quirrel

Quirrel Kobold

Yeah, that would be awesome.

4. Althezel

Althezel Mushroom Warrior

If I beg, will you do it? <3

5. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

think i rather see a slew of cards they have for launch before we design anything for them

6. redcap

redcap Kobold

@Surgeon Fish

I agree, the more we understand about the game the better input we could give for sure; but at the same time 9 out of 10 times a competition isn't valuable for the product but rather the outside inspiration the devs can glean from it. They might get ideas that they never had before; and would never have without opening the doors just a crack. But I do think it would be more appropriate for sure after seeing what the game has to offer, so maybe during beta? :)

7. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Yep that sounds about the perfect time, after they fix all the initial bugs they can work on community feedback of "This card is op, this card sucks, this card could be better if X did Y" then after that, work on contest =)

8. profroche

profroche Mushroom Warrior

It's gonna be another push-up contest, right?

9. Jedimus

Jedimus Kobold

BATTLE!!!

10. I vote for the
    Bag of Caerbannog

item card which would, in D&D act like a bag of marvels. In it would be 3 cards, a fluffy badger, a small rat and the Rabbit of Caerbannog (a.k.a. the monty python rabbit/vorpal bunny) which would devestate a small area of the playing field. Fluffy badger and small rat might be replaced with other useless items, such as bones (maybe you can hurl these at the enemy for tiny amounts of damage).

11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Ha. Would need some careful renaming to keep it clearly legal, but everyone loves a good bloodthirsty rabbit.

12. My avatar I made for a PbP game of D&D where we all took on the rolls of animals which had been experimented on in a wizards lab. Mine was a necromantic sorcerer bunny. Nothing like the cute and fuzzy reanimating the corpses of it's victims to use as petting machines. The evil these things are capable of is boundless :p

13. mightymushroom

mightymushroom Goblin Champion

I never trust bunnies. Witness this excerpt from Realm of Chaos by J.H. Brennan (#6 in the Grail Quest game book series):

That's funny - nothing's happened. You stepped right on to that
    sinister inlaid skull and crossbones and absolutely nothing happened.
    You'd imagine there should have been a trap of some sort here - a pit
    with poisoned stakes or a lava deluge from the ceiling or something
    of that sort. But the floor's firm and there isn't even a sniff of magic
    to worry about.

Which makes one wonder why anybody took the trouble of inlaying a
    skull and crossbones in the floor.

Counting your blessing (which have been pitifully few this adventure
    to date) you move from the skull to step between the two huge
    question-mark pillars, holding your breath nervously.

Again nothing happens. Which is odd too, because in adventures like
    this there's usually a forcefield set to zap you. But not this time.

Counting your blessings (which seem to have begun to mount up now)
    you stride through the space between the pillars, pausing only to pat the
    head of that friendly little bunny.

Which leaps like a mongoose to take you in the throat!

Turns out to be, naturally, a Vorpal Bunny.