Game Text Bugs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Dugrim, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Dark Wolfe

Dark Wolfe Orc Soldier

The viscous tombs: map 2 Intro:
    "You across of a nest of ..."

2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Against the cockroaches, writeup for Into the Filth

...that she commissioned the city
    s architect guild...

should be city's ? Whatever parsed the " ' " ate it up instead. Hope it helps.

edit: After game 2 of same adventure
    Before can land the killing blow Morvin escapes by diving in to the noxious stream...

erm, huh ?

edit2: erm , the writeup for morvin's revenge also sounds broken...my english isn't great, so some linguistic maestro should comment on it ?

3. Card Hunter Joe

Card Hunter Joe Blue Manchu

Well spotted. Morvin's revenge has the following mistakes: "Pursuing Morvin, your characters become will will become be separated. One of them finds himself locked in a room with the filthy Stench Demon! His friends must fight their way past..." Fixed in the next build.

4. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Hopefully, that excess "be" will also be scratched.

Also, technically, "diving in to the noxious stream" is okay. You could say "into" or just plain "in" for simplicity.

5. Card Hunter Joe

Thanks guys. All fixed for the next build.

6. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

This might be deliberate but in the first fight of Against the Cockroaches, two of the cockroaches had names Test4 and Test5.

7. Card Hunter Joe

That's umm a bug.

8. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Black Oaken Heart
    Intro: "Karen lost [...]. Now she can't go to go PAX. [...]"
    After battle 1: " If only I [...]. If I only I didn't [...]"

9. Card Hunter Joe

Fixed. Thank you!

10. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Aftermath of Battle 3 in 'Lair of the Yellow dragon'

...will have little difficulty finding Carlinians lair...

Should be Xanthicius ?

Also at the beginning of the 4th battle,

Xanthicius enjoys visitors,...insatiable appetite for gold, Carlinian disdains....

erm, how many dragons are there supposed to be in this lair ?

11. irongamer

irongamer Orc Soldier

Against the cockroaches :: 2 Aftermath
    Speaker: Melvin

Current: "Before can land the killing blow"
    Should be? "Before you can land the killing blow"

Attached Files:

12. A88mph

A88mph Mushroom Warrior

text bug.png

Shouldn't this say "Let's hope "this" one has real loot!"?

13. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Before the 4th battle in Black oaken heart, the pair of feet with pink high heels says,

'...The winner get to go some funny convention...'

gets to go to some ?

14. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

1st battle into Melvelous the Magnificent, Melvin says:

'Melvelous' castle...'

should it be 'Melvelous's castle...' ? Don't understand the " ' ", same with the placeholder text: Melvelous' challenge begins...

Can some English maestro kindly enlighten ?

After the 1st battle, placeholder text says:

'Ha ha, he wasnt dead after all...'

should be wasn't ?

After beating Melvwathisnameadventure, Melvin's last dialogue does not disappear as it should. Specifically, he says 'I'm done here...blah blah blah...proper game.' I click on 'Collect Loot' and the constantly vibrating Melvin with his words follow me to the Loot screen.

15. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

(Now where's my orchestra?) ANYWAY, this is part of the rule for using the apostrophe-ess, or " 's " thing, tacked on to the end of words. It has to do with ease of pronunciation. When you add apostrophe-ess, you add a little "sss" or "zzz" sound to the end of the word--but some words already HAVE a final "s" on them, and English speakers don't like stuttering, i.e., being forced to pronounce "sss'sss" or "zzz'zzz." If you take "Melvelous," and then add apostrophe-ess to make "Melvelous's," it's difficult to pronounce. Therefore, apostrophe-ess is SHORTENED to just an apostrophe: " Melvelous' " in this case.

That's the rule. Personally, I think that sometimes there's a way around it: if you pronounce "sss'zzz" then there's no stuttering. Thus, PERSONALLY, if I can pronounce a word that way, then I write the full apostrophe-ess. Blue Manchu, however, is still linguistically correct to use the lone apostrophe.

16. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Card Hunt 2.
    After battle 2:
    "You have [...]. And it hurt."
    "The good GM is committed to learnng [...]"
    Adventure complete:
    Mistery Guest says ticket to the players, Gary says tickets to Karen.

17. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Minor point: In Melvelous the Magnificient the top left of the battle screen shows Gary as your opponent although according to the metastory you're playing against Melvin...

18. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Introductory GM dialogue for Wizard's workshop, specifically 'Oh, hi, I'm Gary. This is <player name>'. Karen's pic is shown instead of Gary. I was confused for a sec.

19. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

The writeup in the 1st adventure of Lair of the Trog Wizard says 'Five filthy troglodytes emerge ... '. Scuttler Warren loads only 3 Trogs, wai ?

In the 2nd adv, writeup says 'four trog spearman and scuttlers...', Trog Lair loads only 1 spearman and 2 scuttlers, wai ?

1st adv of Dungeon of the Lizard Priest, writeup says 'Three lizardman warriors..', the adventure contains only 2 lizardman warriors.

2nd adv, writeup says '... posted more guards here, in the form of four Lizardmen warriors.' Slime Tunnels contain 2 Lizardmen warriors.

3rd adv, writeup says 'He has five bodyguards...', Lizardman Guardians contain 3 bodyguards: 2 x netters and 1 x warrior.

1st adv in Slub Gluts Sanctum, writeup says '..There are five lizardmen here.'. Lizardman Feast Hall contains 3 netters.

3rd adv of Shieldhaven Prison, writeup says '...five starving guard dogs...', Prison Dog Yard contains 3 guard dogs.

20. A88mph

A88mph Mushroom Warrior

text bug 4.png

Shouldn't this say " 'The' deserted guard posts..."?