Human skills terrible

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Wozarg, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

So after the rework i get the distinct feeling all the non talent human skills are just terrible. But since there are so many items its hard to tell. That's why i would like as many people as possible to post the in their opinion best non talent cost skill for each race before i make up my opinion. Rarity doesn't matter for the sake of this, but it would be nice to see some decent uncommon and common ones. So if you have a close second that is not as rare feel free to post that one as well.

Dwarf Raging Battler
    Dwarf UC Stout Charger There are plenty of dwarf skills that are about this good at low rarity.
    Elf Perilous Agility
    Elf UC Apprentice Evasion This one is pretty meh but better than any human common or uncommon
    Human Untrained Tactics

Keep them coming guys i would love to be proven wrong on this.

2. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

3. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Feel free to add the other races for comparison if you have the time. Thank you very much for contributing to my thread either way! Also those items don't seam to be in the wiki database yet so if you could take the time and write what cards they have that would be greatly appreciated.

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Well, the two non-talented for elf I found had horrible handicaps - so I guess that makes up for the horrible human ones? Also, first dwarf and first elf are legendary - maybe it's due to us not having seen any human legendary untalented that makes you come to that conlusion? Novice Command is the best (aka - I can live with it) human nontalented I've found (uc) and it's on par with the epic elven one up there.

(but yes, lateral thinking is still more than pointless - and on an epic? Heh)

5. Lance

Lance Goblin Champion

Level 6 Epic Dwarf Skill: Apprentice Ferocity
    Level 6 Rare Dwarf Skill: Untrained Toughness
    Level 6 Legendary Elf Skill: Perilous Agility
    Level 6 Uncommon Human Skill: Novice Command
    I haven’t found any Human Non Talent Skill better than rare. :( Understandably, the Non talented skills will pale in comparison to those that have a cost, and likewise less rare to rarer. Although, I tend to agree with Wozarg's initial hypothesis. I'll need to see something Epic or Legendary for Humans to make a truly informed discussion.

6. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I definitely agree with you pengw1n which is why i made this thread instead of jumping to conclusions I'm hoping someone has something amazing to show. That said dwarfs have a ton of options and humans have i think the one you showed that is mildly acceptable so the disparity is there but the question is does it get better with higher rarity or hard to find ones?

7. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

Untrained Flexibility is rare and got:

x1 Flanking move
    x1 Retreat
    x1 Slowed

is not great but is the best human no talent in my opinion

8. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

For all three, I really don't have a large collection. So many were redone or deleted in recent changes. Basically, most of you folks have better zero-talent Skills than I do.

For the Elf, my current assortment has Untrained Footwork (yay, Escaping Run).
    For the Dwarf, Untrained Toughness (yay, Shrug It Off and Parry).
    For the Human, Untrained Command (not terribly "yay," but it's good to have more Shift, Team!).

Having posted that, let me just say I'd like to keep the thread more positive than the "terrible" in the subject line. It may be disappointing at the moment, but we're still figuring out the nature of the beast.

For instance, going up to one-clear-talent Human Skills, things look interesting. After having my All Out Attack cards removed by previous changes, I got a new one in Superb Command. You can bet this is staying in my build for a long time!

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

fyi: I've collated all the skills into table form in the wiki. Is there a need for inter-class/inter-race skill tables? like a huge table where all the elf, human and dwarf skills are collated and segregated according to talent ?

10. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

I get the feeling that maybe the humans need a cantrip draw card. This would make them great At deck cycles and increase their tempo putting them on par with other races. This or maybe giving them abilities you would see on weapons, armor, and boots. This would reinforce the idea that humans are flexible in any situation.

11. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I know that All Out Attack isn't actually on any of my weapons, but given how it is in fact an Attack card, Blue Manchu may very well intend to do as you say. Perhaps just the more "utilitarian" items in each domain, like speed boosts and other things.

12. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

I was testing a three human cleric team in mp and it didn't too badly ( 4/1 ) I used Battlefield Tactics to move cards around the team for example and some skills to get card draws. This worked against the AI as I had time to set things up, but 'real' players would murder me.

Things like shrug it off, toughness etc are much superior than existing human skills as the game doesn't allow you to build a large hand over several turns which defeats the deck churning cards that Human skills provide.

13. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I actually think humans have fine skills its just the no talent part that is dead forcing you to go with either bad cards or 3x walk both of which are horrid. This is based on what i have seen so far still and is obviously subject to both change and revealing of a great no talent human skill.

The everyone in your team can discard any number of cards and redraw is awesome need moves dump attacks don't need moves discard them and draw more attacks. But that only means you need one human with 2x of that since it doesn't enforce human on the effect.

14. irongamer

irongamer Orc Soldier

The two human skills I use:

Leadership on Advanced Flexibility
    All allies including yourself may discard any number of cards and then draw the same number.

Inspirational Thinking on Inspired Command
    Draw three cards. Keep two and discard the other.

I don't care for any of the other human skills. Although a number of the skill tokens have a lot of parries and I make use of that... but that isn't really a race skill.

15. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

Yeah we are talking about items with no talent cost....

16. irongamer

irongamer Orc Soldier

Yeah, missed that. I have yet to find a human skill with no talent cost. =/

17. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Just to make it very clear i think leadership is one of the best racial cards in the game but the fact is we are talking about non talent only human skills here for anyone else looking to post and so far they are all just not worth using.