Beta Build 1.26 (April 7, 2013)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Apr 7, 2013.

1. A88mph

A88mph Mushroom Warrior

Thank you for nerfing Gashstone pass. I was only lucky enough once to get though it, then my internet died and I had to reset.

thanks again!:)

2. irongamer

irongamer Orc Soldier

Nice build.

3. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Just in case my account corrupts, I've managed to unlock Card Hunt 2 and play without any problems. Not seeing any errors thrown up in log on my side so I guess a reset might not be necessary ?

edit: unlock Card Hunt 2 by replaying Black Oaken Heart, unlocked Melvelous by replaying Compass of Xorr alto I think the later can be unlocked via other lvl 7 advs.

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yes... but how? I've played through all adventures but one and haven't gotten either Melvelous or Card Hunt 2 unlocked. It's likely not an error, but triggers on certain adventures not being activated due to when they were completed (trigger not implemented by that time et c). Also, reset is likely not only to test those adventures - but to check the product from start to finish. I'm guessing beta will grow quite a bit, since Jon is preparing a statement et c.

5. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Try again ? Replay BOH for CH2 and CoX for MtM. There is also no Against the Leeches as quoted in Jon's build notes, he likely typoed 'Cockroaches'. :)

6. Pengw1n

Against the Cockroaches unlocked automatically for me, and I did enjoy that. Will try replaying, very curious about the new adventures :)

Edit: CoX unlocked Melv, thanks for that Phase. Will look to see if BoH does the same for CH2 - even if it'll be a pain in the donkey to beat the oaken king again... :p

Edit2: Melvelous was awesome, especially for the meta story bit.

7. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

No problem for me either.
    Played BOH and unlocked Card Hunt 2.
    Now I'll try to finish CoX to unlock MtM.

EDIT: CoX finished, MtM unlocked, MtM finished!

8. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

We know this day will come.... and Im ok with that

BTW: thx for the "secret" to unlock MtM

9. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Interesting. The Compass of Xorr and Melvelous the Magnificent are both level 8. I just finished Beneath the Frozen Earth, level 7, and it unlocked Melvelous the Magnificent.

I think we can conclude that the code for unlocking is the same as for other adventures: complete something two levels (or was it three?) within range of the adventure in question, and the adventure appears. One might be able to unlock it with a level 6 adventure, for instance.

Not that such speculation matters, since I'm sure we'll find out after any reset.

Edit: Oh, except it probably matters for people seeking Card Hunt 2. What level is it? You probably don't have to play Black Oaken Heart (specifically) to unlock it.

10. Kodi

Kodi Orc Soldier

Card Hunt 2 is level 17 and its my favorite adventure <3

11. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I hate you all for tempting me >.<

Pengw1n likes this.
  12. Pengw1n

Premium ones don't seem to apply to unlocking, did Lair of the Yellow Dragon and it had no effect on CH2. Logical, but still - letting people know :)

13. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

14. Pengw1n

re-Beating Temple of Terror (lvl 16) did not have any effect on CH2. So, likely has to be BoH to unlock that...

15. Pengw1n

Unless you know what's in there (not sure if you tested it on test server), I think knowing would hasten your efforts... nudge nudge wink wink.

16. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

It might make my life easier some times ;)

17. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I just have to point out that is clearly not canonical since i would never lose in the quarter finals

18. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Lastly, Dungeon of the Swamp King didn't unlock Card Hunt 2 either.

Though I have not actually played the Melvelous adventure yet, so if there's some long-term connection there, I wouldn't know.

Anyway: Black Oaken Heart is probably key.

19. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

BOH is what did it for me.

20. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Yup, Black Oaken Heart opens it, clearly for metastory reasons.