Games to play while waiting for this one to come out (or for the beta if you are lucky enough)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrMojoRisin, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Wow it looks even better than expected.

2. Shinigami

Shinigami Kobold

it seems i again missed out on beta invites. oh man..

3. Assussanni

Assussanni Ogre

Me too, which makes me think they have a lot of sign ups for the beta. And while I'd really love to join in it makes me happy to think that there are a lot of other people who are interested in this game too :)

In the mean time Bioshock Infinite comes out tomorrow and it looks pretty awesome to me. I've also yet to get my hands on the new Tomb Raider, which seems to have been received positively. Shockingly enough I've never actually played a Tomb Raider game before.

4. DukeMyers

DukeMyers Orc Soldier

Part of me wants in the beta but part of me wants to wait for the completed game. I have also heard great things about bio shock infinite.

5. Fizbin

Fizbin Mushroom Warrior

This is pretty much my thought at the moment.

6. Falk

Falk Kobold

7. Hexyz

Hexyz Mushroom Warrior

I used to play "The Continuum" years back, but just did a search for it recently and it was discontinued.

8. DukeMyers

DukeMyers Orc Soldier

Never tried the Continuum. Years back I was all about xcom or ff. these days I try to stay away from mmorpgs or similar games.

9. A88mph

A88mph Mushroom Warrior

How about StarCraft 64?

10. Hexyz

Hexyz Mushroom Warrior

Yeah, it was OK. You could collect units and upgrade them, then play the units against each other with the AI. Wasn't much of a story-line though, unfortunately. I had pumped some money into it but then just eventually lost interest. Went to find it again, gone.

Starcraft keeps me busy lately along with Guild Wars 2 and Xcom. I miss the originals for the Xcom series, way more random in terms of losing your units. lol.

DukeMyers likes this.
  11. DukeMyers

DukeMyers Orc Soldier

Loves me some xcom. I have it for my PS3 AND my Xbox. One of the few games I will play PvP in.

Hexyz likes this.
  12. Hexyz

Hexyz Mushroom Warrior

I haven't played PVP on it yet.. Is it fun?

13. DukeMyers

DukeMyers Orc Soldier

Better with a friend but yeah it's pretty good. Keep it at 10,000 points to increase the challenge though.

Hexyz likes this.
  14. Oni

Oni Kobold

MW:O. MW:Tactics can be fun.

NWN2 of course since it was on sale on GOG.

Hexyz likes this.
  15. SigioCroceus

SigioCroceus Kobold

If you have even a passing love for Roguelikes and you have not tried Sword of The Stars : The Pit, you really should.

It is the most game I've ever got for the least money.

10$ and according to Steam I have 90 hours in already and I'm not even close to finishing everything I want to accomplish.

If you do decide to purchase this gem, do yourself a huge favor...start out on Easy....but remember only 50 messages are available on that level so don't stay there forever.

http://sots-thepit.com/

Also available on Steam, check out a lets play on Youtube and buy this game.

16. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Might and magic duel of champions much better than you might think try it and give me a poke if you want to duel!

17. barbalatte

barbalatte Mushroom Warrior

fun yeah but no way to stay competitive unless you pour loads on money in it

18. Sharien

Sharien Mushroom Warrior

well duels is kinda okish....but well...it seriously lacks whats second most fun in mtg...deckbuilding

19. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

How does it lack deckbuilding?

Don't get me wrong your point is 100% valid and true but in what can you stay competitive without putting money in to it?