Games to play while waiting for this one to come out (or for the beta if you are lucky enough)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrMojoRisin, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

The reason the first hit is so favorable is the fact that hp and attack damage are the same stat.

2. Sharien

Sharien Mushroom Warrior

yeah but as long as armor is higher than damage they have less chance of hitting you at all...i believe every point of armor over the enemy str is reducing the chance to hit by 20%
    and as i said...let him hit someone tanky...and then rip him apart with archers
    threshers are also really good targets for beeing hit cause their ability always deals the same damage(just dont hit shield guys with it...that hurts^^)

3. Daryl Tay

Daryl Tay Kobold

Just tried Banner Factions today and it's fun, but I don't want to just play PVP. Waiting for the full game to be released!

Also yes, terribly hard to grind and promote units :(

4. Deadless78

Deadless78 Mushroom Warrior

good ideas

5. Womble

Womble Mushroom Warrior

Have to say I got a bit bored of Banner Factions after a few fights. Not enough variety, and too much grinding. Cardhunter looks a much more interesting game. We'll get in soon I'm sure.

6. IshidaTsuki

IshidaTsuki Orc Soldier

For everyone who hasnt got anything to play or isnt interested in all the other flashy games with unimportant things like graphics:

ZORK!!

7. A88mph

A88mph Mushroom Warrior

pick me, I'm fun! :)

8. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Bastion has gotten a lot of well-deserved love in this thread - so while not out yet, this might be of interest to some people in this thread.

Supposedly playable at Pax East, so anyone going there - check it out for us!

9. Sharien

Sharien Mushroom Warrior

wow this sounds amazing =)
    if the game soundtrack is as cool i will certainly buy it...gameplay looks bastionesque so i dont expect any bad surprises there

10. DukeMyers

DukeMyers Orc Soldier

I find dishonored to be a fantastic game, I enjoy the way there are multiple ways to play. Gotta love options! ;)

11. Jukantos

Jukantos Kobold

Elements is a classic online CCG, although it takes a twist on the classic "mana" department. You generate quanta of up to 12 different elements, and these quanta stay in your pool until you spend them. This allows for some interesting mixxed color variations and even "rainbow" decks that throw all 12 colors into a pot by using pillars that generate 3 random quanta each turn instead of 1 quanta of a type.

The best thing: It's free, there's no cash shop, asynchronic competetive deckbuilding and every day you get a bonus from the "oracle" which gives you a little gold boost as well as potentially an interesting starting creature for your next matches.

you can play it at elementsthegame.com, it's donation based. speaking of which, how is the shop in Card Hunter going to be? Pricy or cheap? ^^

12. Shinigami

Shinigami Kobold

OMG Blizzard announced wow CCG )))) lol
    i predicted that would happen over a year ago

13. Pengw1n

Looks very colourful and simplified to me. Smart move either way, will have lots of people playing it, but don't dig the card art style at all.

14. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

i will give it a try for sure but i get the feeling i wont like it.

15. A88mph

A88mph Mushroom Warrior

My gamer sence is tingling. Card Hunter has some stiff competition now.

Better send out more Beta Keys before Blizzard takes your waiting players away :)

Grombak likes this.
  16. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Considering they aren't even in beta yet i wouldn't worry too much and besides the game they are making is simplified and shallow while card hunter is deep.

17. DukeMyers

DukeMyers Orc Soldier

It's also just a CCG. If anything they are competing against MtG not Card Hunter. That's the beauty of Card Hunter, it's in a class to itself

18. Pengw1n

Aso, trying to bother to compete with Blizzard is trying to set your wallet on fire. I wouldn't suggest any indie dev try it...

That being said - Hearthstone looks to be classic magic style 1v1 pvp game only - while Cardhunter has a lot of pve content and has an evolved and fresh formula, involving both cards and strategy/board game aspect - while on the same subject, fantasy and cards, it pretty much ends there. Also, CH is very likely released before Hearthstone.

19. DukeMyers

DukeMyers Orc Soldier

Indeed, it helps that CH is already well into beta. That sounds like it should be available relatively soon.

20. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Transistor "Not just bastion in the future." All my worries are dispelled i will now love this game with all my heart like i did with bastion!