Let's talk about: Game Difficulty!

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Pengw1n, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Are you checking the correct shop unless something changed in the latest patch which it very well might have there should be a lvl 1,6,8 shop or something like that. The last one will basically only stock talent stuff while the level 1 will never or almost never have talents on the items.

2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Wait, I'm lost. I searched for the word "talent" in the thread I linked and couldn't find it. I would guess that when you say you "looked at those" you are referring to the Trait cards from that thread; but then, only weapons can have multiple-talent costs, so now I have no idea what's going on.

In any case, Wozarg's right about talent costs: the level 1 shop (currently called The Armory) won't require many talents.

3. D.R. Monkey

D.R. Monkey Kobold

With the latest patch the lower level shops only restock once a week. So no help there as it has the same stuff it did the other day. But even with the slowest of grinding i can get my characters a level or so by then.

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yeah, I'm not to keen on the shop restocking weekly tbh - especially as you can get stuck without gear for a slot for 1 week with the current system (no elf skills in mine for instance). So while more loot in stores generally means you can easier find items, this is actually WORSE in terms of risking getting stuck than the first system, which was some 20 items a day - this is 100 items for 7 days.

5. Sir Knight

With the way they described the shop system changes in the current build . . .
    . . . the slew of small variations sounds to me like "We're coding for all possible worlds and testing to make sure the code works." The current setup is probably just an intermediate one, like much else is.

6. Pengw1n

Hm, well. This last test was due to our recent feedback, so by not giving more feedback - it's more likely to stay as is, than not - hence feedback. ;)

7. Sir Knight

You feed that back!

( . . . Okay, it didn't work. That was supposed to be the tone of voice of "You take that back!" but of course you can't tell over the internet. Let's try the nerdier approach.)

But is the Feedback Arcane? Do you have to try to discard it each round or suffer damage the next?

8. Pengw1n

Mess with my Arcane Feedback and fear my Raging Strike! I'm deadly serious. (right).

I miss logging on daily and checking out there store tbh. Sure, there's the rare one, but that's stuff I'm not likely to buy either way - as my current stash is at 150+ gold, and have a pretty decent gear selection (from game and pvp only - no excess chests bursting). Then again, these issues are not really difficulty related - but the store stock could be for people earlier in the game than me.

9. Sir Knight

That would make sense, but then you bump into that issue I mentioned earlier. Now that I'm at maximum level, I finally have enough gold to START affording expensive items. But when I was "earlier in the game," prices got multiplied when items were above my level, so I needed even more gold. It's a paradox of utility.

10. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Might be a motivation for converting pizza to gold how each of us feel about that is is a personal matter tho.

11. Sir Knight

It's also likely that things will be different once levels go up to, say, 50. More time for things to be "above your level."

And a bunch of this gold came from enjoying multiplayer. That gets you loot with no level-ups, after all.

12. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Knowing the kind of player i am i will probably reduce my enjoyment to maximize my endgame by spending little to nothing on gear on my way up sadly.

13. Dark Wolfe

Dark Wolfe Orc Soldier

Yeah but you have the level 1 weekly store & level 6 weekly store.
    S you have the level 1 Rare Store that updates daily and a level 6 one (or how ever far apart you want to make them)

14. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

I would be ok with a restock changed to twice a week as standard. Gives you enough time to get enough gold together for the items you want.

15. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I proposed 3 day cycles to Jon for the 100 item stores feels like a good number and shifts the day that stores change.

16. Pengw1n

3 days sounds decent with the current store stock (even though I think guaranteed spawns for each slot and daily reset is better), also I could imagine the rare store actually being set on a weekly track - to be something for the late gamers to spend money on.

17. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

I agree.
    3 days sounds decent, and a weekly track for rare store to let the players grab some gold to buy what they need.

18. Gabbek

Gabbek Orc Soldier

Weekly for rare? There's so few of those items... I'd cry if it would be a weekly :)

19. Pengw1n

You wouldn't because your economy wouldn't be as it is now mate... ;)

Also, regular store still stocks any rarity doesnt it?

20. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Indeed.
    You will need time to have enough money for a rare.